Woodsea what games do they play in Mongolia?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« on: 23 Mar 2005, 03:23 am »
I see thats where you are now. Can't remember how you got there and what you are doing.

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2005, 06:54 am »
Well, my wife and I work for the US state dept.  I have not played many games at all, except for shrek 2 with my 6 yr daughter.  I was waiting until I got back from a medical conference in Baltimore, with my new  Panasonic AE700U projector.   I am going to be hooking it up tonight,  I was a bit jet-lagged yesterday.  I will give a full review in the next week or so.  Of course I still need to order the power cord for the xbox, I certainly don't want to fry my gaming machine.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2005, 04:16 am »
Do tell, do tell

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2005, 04:55 am »
Give me one more week.  My ceiling mount should be arriving in about a week.  I thought I had a hi def xbox adaptor.  I don't.  But the family and I are taking a week long vacation in Beijing starting Sunday.  So will get one there.  Otherwise it will be a long s-video cable.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2005, 11:49 pm »
Well I am loving my new projector.  The picture is great and it is big!  I have added some pictures of my family room/AV room.  Plus some pictures out of my living room to the mountains outside of UlaanBaatar.  More to come.  
I could not find the component adaptor for my x-box in Beijing.  I ordered one online last week.   It seems mail is getting a little faster so maybe next week I will have x-box games viewed at 91 inches wide!!!

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2005, 06:11 am »
That sounds great. Can you use less than the full screen size for the XBox?

Woodsea

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2005, 07:49 am »
I am not as happy with the picture through the x-box.  I have been doing extensive searching regarding changing the 480, 720, 1080 settings.  I am getting a bluriness, that I cannot seem to get rid of.  I might have to recheck connections.  My new 45 foot component cable from bluejeans is on its way, should be here next week.
It still is better than playing on my TV.  I am confident the problem can be ironed out.  
Halo2 is pretty unfocused right now, and difficult to play since timing is slowed by my eye strain.
Crimson Sky sucked me in last night for about an hour.  Very cool to have the sky and see looming.
Fatal Frame2 was very haunting because I was 'in' the game.
I will try some more tonight after the kids are asleep.

I can change the size of the frame with telephoto lens.

Woodsea

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2005, 11:28 pm »
Dialed up the resolution to 1080.  Played Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders last night for quite a while.  So far it is a great game, and the graphics are hot.  Then played Tiger Woods 04, which is a great game in itself.  The picture is getting better, but not near the near HD that I get from the Samsung 841.  More tonight.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jun 2005, 04:11 am »
Haven't played on the XBox for about a month...whats new in Mongolia?

Bemopti123

« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2005, 04:44 am »
Woodsea, is it true that in Mongolia, there are only a few last names and when the government asked for tribes to pick a last name, the favorite was Khan, as in the legendary conqueror?   Can you tell us how long is the telephone book list of people with that last name in Ulaan Baatar?  That would be interesting.