Star Trek: Picard

WGH

Star Trek: Picard
« on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:57 am »
I'll have to say Star Trek: Picard is very well done. The plot looks intriguing, episode 1 moves along without any dead spots, production values are first class and the acting is light years ahead of other Star Trek adventures.

Engage!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Now streaming on CBS All Access every Thursday.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
Re: Star Trek: Picard
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2020, 05:40 am »
Saw episode 1 and loved it.  Then again, I am a scifi junkie.

AKLegal

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2020, 05:49 am »
Yeah, the first episode was great.  I'm a sucker for all things trek though.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2020, 09:51 am »
He's 79... It may not be a long lived show. Makes me wonder what role he plays that someone his age can pull off believably.

FreddyJ

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2020, 02:19 pm »
So exicted for this. Watching the first one here tonight with my kid. We're real Trekkies so can't wait. As someone else has said, he's getting on a bit so wondering how well he will pull it off??? My good lady wife is a fan but he may even be starying to look a little old for here. Mucho respect though - Patrick Stewart is a legend.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2020, 04:39 am »
I want to see it but I don't want to sub to a dozen different services.  I'll probably wait til it's near the end and then catch up.

circleman

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2020, 07:30 pm »
Looking forward to it but don't have cable.  Will watch out for it to come out on disk.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2020, 07:44 pm »
  As a Star Trek Fan this series is VG so far. There is some political and social issue baggage which I despise but the story so far is really interesting. Special effects are cool. Like their Hologram phones and computers. Acting for the most part well done. Only 40 minutes long. Next episode Thursday night.

charles

Bemopti123

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2020, 07:45 pm »
He's 79... It may not be a long lived show. Makes me wonder what role he plays that someone his age can pull off believably.

They have built in this fact on the storyline stating that Admiral Picard has something on his head....CBS knows this well and perhaps it will be a couple of seasons of it and then another spin off.  His acting and the entire story line is very engrossing.  I have noticed that the production value for all the new Star Trek series have been off the charts in comparison to other direct to TV/Streaming shows such as The Mandalorian....which has a decent story line but the production value pales to Star Trek stuff. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #9 on: 4 Apr 2020, 08:35 pm »
  Loved the entire series. Cannot wait til next season.

charles

Wind Chaser

« Reply #10 on: 4 Apr 2020, 08:43 pm »
Has the first season already come to a conclusion?

nickd

« Reply #11 on: 4 Apr 2020, 08:54 pm »
1st season is wrapped up. I binge watched all 10 episodes. Very well done. Now 12 episodes into Discovery series. Very good production quality indeed.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #12 on: 4 Apr 2020, 09:23 pm »
I only saw the first one and it didn't seem all that long ago, certainly not like 9 weeks ago.

stlrman

« Reply #13 on: 4 Apr 2020, 09:49 pm »
I heard CBS was offering a free month .

SlushPuppy

« Reply #14 on: 5 Apr 2020, 12:25 am »
Season 1 was, at most times, some of the best scifi I've ever seen. This coming from a huge Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5 fan. "Nepenthe" was my favorite episode of any Star Trek series ever! I loved it! Still not sure I like the Picard transformation in the season finale, but it became almost inevitable and opens the door for an interesting season 2.

Folsom

« Reply #15 on: 5 Apr 2020, 12:58 am »
I use to love Babylon 5. I never talk to anyone that watched any of it. Yes some of the early stuff was boring on the ship but the star ships were boss, and the history of the different creates and mystery of the shadows.... so cool.

Perhaps I'll have to give Picard a try. I've been (obviously) holding off some since he's like... seems older than Shatner somehow.

But I'd say the first 3 seasons of The Expanse were probably the best Sci-Fi show to date. The 4rth feels a lot like filler, we'll see what happens.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #16 on: 5 Apr 2020, 01:03 am »
Babylon 5 dont worked for me, too much Euro film.
But I bought the soundtrack composed by Christopher Franke by $5.

Folsom

« Reply #17 on: 5 Apr 2020, 05:02 pm »
I don't know what euro film means.

Picard is only available through CBS paid subscription? Eh? Can't say I'd watch anything else they have... I have Prime. Oh well, bummer.

stlrman

« Reply #18 on: 6 Apr 2020, 12:12 am »
I mentioned that CBS was offering there subscription free for one month I believe.

Meicheng

« Reply #19 on: 6 Apr 2020, 01:50 am »
I enjoyed this very much, but thought the season finale episode was a little weak.