STRATOS BASED ON CAMBRIDGE AUDIO??

OSIB16

STRATOS BASED ON CAMBRIDGE AUDIO??
« on: 17 Apr 2018, 06:59 pm »
A number of years ago when I had modifications done to my Stratos Extreme Monoblocks; the guy doing the mods made a claim about the design layout of it's circuit board. After working on it, he said it was based on an old 'Cambridge Audio' amplifier circuit board design. Is this true what he claimed? The good people on this forum have previously informed me that the Stratos Extreme is based on a Power Amplifier from the Symphonic range. If this is true, then is it possible that this particular 'Symphonic power amp'  is based on an old 'Cambridge Audio' design?

Phil A

Re: STRATOS BASED ON CAMBRIDGE AUDIO??
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2018, 07:05 pm »
Don't think so by all the info out there - e.g.  https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/06/review-job-225-stereo-amplifier/

klaus@odyssey

Re: STRATOS BASED ON CAMBRIDGE AUDIO??
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 08:09 pm »
Of course not...might be similar by accident or whatever,  but the basis of all SL amps (and thus our Odyssey amps) is the original Kraft 100 which Rolf and Dieter designed 38 years ago !!!!!   From there on,  all other designs derived from this momma of them all  over the decades,  and has nothing to do with neither Cambridge nor other companies,  some of which (let's say heavily borrowed) some basic aspects of the SL  designs....