A few AN DAC questions

mfsoa

A few AN DAC questions
« on: 28 Mar 2009, 01:39 am »
Hi Bill,
I was wondering where your DAC 2.1 Deluxe Custom fits into the AN DAC Kits lineup-

Maybe a Level B Signature on steroids? Have you heard a transformer-coupled unit and could you comment on this vs. non-tranny coupled?

Also, I read that these DACs can take  24/96 - I'm not sure how to word this but do they "use" the full 24/96 or lop off the excess and treat it like 16/44? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

(still have my '98 VFR800 for sale/trade in NJ  :wink:)

-Mike

mfsoa

Re: A few AN DAC questions
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2009, 02:36 am »
 :oops:

I see the tranformer info now - I didn't scroll down far enough on your web page

:oops:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: A few AN DAC questions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:08 pm »
Hi Bill,
I was wondering where your DAC 2.1 Deluxe Custom fits into the AN DAC Kits lineup-

I would say it's the best we have to offer before getting into the transformer coupled output TC Reference and is what I have been using in my reference system for some time now.

Maybe a Level B Signature on steroids? Have you heard a transformer-coupled unit and could you comment on this vs. non-tranny coupled?

I am building a TC Reference version for a customer now. I'll let you know what I find when it is complete (although I will not have it long enough to fully burn it in). I do however plan on converting my unit to the TC Reference version.

Also, I read that these DACs can take  24/96 - I'm not sure how to word this but do they "use" the full 24/96 or lop off the excess and treat it like 16/44? Hope that makes sense.

I have been trying to get further information on this myself. I don't have an answer for you.

(still have my '98 VFR800 for sale/trade in NJ  )

Let's see how things go this spring :P