Santa arrives early

JohnR

Santa arrives early
« on: 14 Nov 2008, 08:23 am »
Lookit landed on my doorstep today  :o

Thanks, Santa Kevin :thumb: And also to www.audiomarketplace.com.au for their very excellent service :thumb:

Kevin Haskins

Re: Santa arrives early
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2008, 05:31 pm »
How many did Santa deliver?   

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2008, 05:43 pm »
Whatcha buildin' John??
That looks like enough boxes for an Infinite Baffle??  aa

Bob

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2008, 10:16 pm »
How many did Santa deliver?   

Ten! :weights:  :lol:

Bob, four per side in open baffle subs. Probably a little tower with the accordian type of baffle. I tossed up using a pair of 15s or even an 18 (Maelstrom) instead but decided I really wanted to try it with the quad of 10s.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2008, 10:25 pm »
Sounds pretty cool John. I have no doubt you'll be taking photos of the build.  :wink:
What drivers on the higher octaves?

Bob

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2008, 11:50 pm »
Well, I think I'm just going to go all out on the main panels, and use a Lambda 15" and a B200. No highpass, the subs will "augment" at the bottom. I've discovered I can get the B200s locally, and I've been, ah, hoarding the Lambdas for years. It was only when reading some recent threads here on AC that I realized what I needed to do.

Kevin's new tweeter looks interesting too, if it really can be crossed at 1k.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2008, 04:40 am »
Well, I think I'm just going to go all out on the main panels, and use a Lambda 15" and a B200. No highpass, the subs will "augment" at the bottom. I've discovered I can get the B200s locally, and I've been, ah, hoarding the Lambdas for years. It was only when reading some recent threads here on AC that I realized what I needed to do.

Kevin's new tweeter looks interesting too, if it really can be crossed at 1k.

To cross it over at 1K will probably require a 4th order acoustic.   I won't know exactly until I do some finished system distortion testing.  Raw tweeter on early samples had <1% THD @ 96dB/1M at 1.5K.   That was without the horn which and a couple other improvements so it has exceptional distortion performance.    I'm also getting them each screened and FR matched so every tweeter goes through a pretty comprehensive testing for FR, and distortion.   I'm paying top dollar for the best Q/C screening available, which is very important to final build quality of any speaker.