OB H-Frame / A370PEQ / HX800 amp Box Flat Packs / Finished Cabs

Captainhemo

Re: H-Frame Flat Packs
« Reply #40 on: 6 Feb 2016, 03:16 am »
Amp boxes, 45'd corners and slots in sides.... will  get to biscuits this weekend

These are 5" deep.
They are $40/pr with sub flat packs, $50./pr if buying  them seperately to help cover boxes/packing materails.

jay
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2016, 07:53 pm by Captainhemo »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #41 on: 6 Feb 2016, 05:03 am »
Jay,
YGPM.   :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #42 on: 8 Feb 2016, 03:16 am »
Biscuits are done

Easiest way to assemble is to use an end and a side  (plus 2 biscuits) to form an "L"

Add some glue (not shown) and push the two assemblies together

Use some tape or clamps to secure and let  set, voila

Lightly sand and finish  :thumb:

jay

bdp24

« Reply #43 on: 23 Feb 2016, 11:12 am »
Well, I received my pair of 2-12 H-frame flat packs from Jay, and they are really, REALLY nice. Super clean cuts, beautiful MDF 1.5" thick side panels and top and bottom, and 1" thick baffle and front and rear braces. I also got grill frames and amp boxes, which are very cool. The design of the frame couldn't be better, nor could the material, the workmanship, or the packing (my pair arrived in perfect condition, without a single scratch, scuff, or chipped corner). And Jay couldn't have been more of a pleasure to deal with. I guess you can tell I'M happy!

I would take some pics and post them, but some rat bastard stole my digital camera outta my car, and I have only a dumb phone without a lens. I'm going to be selling one of my Vintage drumkits/snare drums (American 1920's-early 70's) to get another pair of the OB subs to stack on top of this pair, so if you might be interested, send me an email---ericjerde@gmail.com.

Captainhemo

« Reply #44 on: 23 Feb 2016, 04:41 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Eric , I am glad you are  happy with your  packs  :thumb:

jay

Captainhemo

« Reply #45 on: 23 Feb 2016, 11:41 pm »
that pair of triiples pictured earlier in  the thread is available but can't be shipped until next week.
It has the  recessed grills front and back, .5" roiundvoers , over hanging bases, and can be had with either  flush or overhanging tops ( if you are not into dealing with seams, go with the overhangs).

jay

fliv

« Reply #46 on: 26 Feb 2016, 12:26 pm »
 Just wanted to let everyone one know that I received my double 12's flat packs this week from Jay.
 They were professionally packaged and they were in perfect condition. All I can say I WOW. The CNC machining
of the 1.5 mdf is amazing. I dry fitted them and they went together perfectly. I had the overhang on the tops and bottoms with the 0.5 roundover on the top and sides. These things are built like a tank. Very easy to put together and the attention to detail is excellent. Anyone who is looking at possibly getting a set of the double or triple OB sub flat packs from Jay Will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks Jay and Don for all your hard work. I couldn't be happier.  Tim

bdp24

« Reply #47 on: 26 Feb 2016, 02:28 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone one know that I received my double 12's flat packs this week from Jay.
 They were professionally packaged and they were in perfect condition. All I can say I WOW. The CNC machining
of the 1.5 mdf is amazing. I dry fitted them and they went together perfectly. I had the overhang on the tops and bottoms with the 0.5 roundover on the top and sides. These things are built like a tank. Very easy to put together and the attention to detail is excellent. Anyone who is looking at possibly getting a set of the double or triple OB sub flat packs from Jay Will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks Jay and Don for all your hard work. I couldn't be happier.  Tim

Isn't the 1.5" MDF something else, Tim?! I wasn't prepared for how massive, dense, and non-resonant the side panels and top & bottom would be. Even the "only" 1" baffle and braces are much beefier than normal 3/4". And the machining is, as you said, pro quality. Excellent work Jay!

Captainhemo

« Reply #48 on: 26 Feb 2016, 04:56 pm »
Thanks guys, glad you are both happy :)

A couple notes,  yup, that 1.5" and 1"  is heavy which is the  issue with high shipping costs. As I've mentioned, we  aren't  charging any extra  for shipping, we get the qoute and tha's what you pay. There can also be a delay in shipping (as  is right now with someone waiting for a pair) as Don has to find time to drive these across the border to ship, that ends up being a minimum 4 hr trip. Sometimes hard to schedule

The rouindovers  are not CNC'd, I do this for  folks after the initial packs are cut. I run a  foam sanding block over everything quicly  but at times there may be  parts of the roundovers that need some final attention, they should be prety good though.

The rabbets for the grill frames in these first few packs were not cut by the CNC shop,  this option did not make it into the program before your packs were cut.  In the futre,  the grill frecess will be CNC'd as well.

Even with that heavy 1.5 & 1" materail, people should line these with no rez.

Anxious to see some pictures when you guys are finished your builds

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #49 on: 28 Feb 2016, 02:17 am »
My amp cabinets arrived while I was on travel.

Will post some pictures once I get them built.  :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #50 on: 28 Feb 2016, 06:06 am »
My amp cabinets arrived while I was on travel.

Will post some pictures once I get them built.  :D

Cool Rich   :thumb:

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #51 on: 6 Mar 2016, 06:18 pm »
Pictures from the first amp cabinet build.

Opened the box and unpacked the flat packs.  Got the new batch of Titebond II glue and clamps from the earlier builds.

Next cabinet glued and clamped to dry.  After it dries will glue up the second one.

Guy 13

« Reply #52 on: 6 Mar 2016, 06:41 pm »
I love those step by step built.
Thanks for sharing
and anxious to see the remaining of the built.

Guy 13

Captainhemo

« Reply #53 on: 9 Mar 2016, 03:08 am »
Guys,
we are  making a trip on Friday to do some shipping,  there is one pair of duals unspoken for right now. It's got the rabbets ffront and rear for the inlaid  grills.
There are no roundovers on the cabinets panels  right now, if someone wants them and needs roundovers, let me  know ASAp and we can  get them in Fridays's   shipment.
Otherwise,   they'll wait until next rip

jay

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #54 on: 14 Mar 2016, 08:00 pm »
Hey folks
We'll have a pair of duals and a pair of triples available  shortly (should be cut late this week).
These will be available with  either top  (flush or overhanging) and we can also  do the same with the base if someone wants a pair with narrower bases.

Prices will be  $500 / pr for duals, $700 pr for triples $550/pr duals, $750/pr triples, boxes and shipping materials were much more costly than expected.  These things are going to be heavy so there will be shipping out of Oroville WA (approx 70lbs x2 for duals, 90 lbs x 2 triples.)

Cabinets:
1.5" MDF  side panels, tops, bases
1" MDF baffles & brases
Combination of dados / dowels for  side panel/baffle/base/top aligment. easy toassemble :beer:
Driver mounting screw holes pre drilled
Round-over on rear side of driver cutouts
All CNC cut

I can add round-overs to the outer edge of the cabinet panels, top,  & base if  desired

If you are after the simpleest assembly/prep work, I recommend you  consider going with the overhanging top/base. They  leave yo uno seam to deal with, all that is required is to glue them up, give them a light sanding, and  prime/paint

As seen later in this thread, there are options for inlaid grill frames @ $50 /pr or  all 4 (front & back of each cabint)  @ $80.

Also shown later in thread are some amp boxes that will fit the PEQA370 amps. These boxes are 45'd in the corners and  each corner has a #20 biscuiit. Assembly is simple.  A$40 /pr with  a flat pack  or $50 /pr alone (helps cover a box and packing).

jay

Jay,

Are these still the prices?

George

Captainhemo

« Reply #55 on: 14 Mar 2016, 08:46 pm »
Jay,

Are these still the prices?

George

Yes , they are correct George

And I believe the amp boxes will also fit the HX800's

jay
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 12:13 am by Captainhemo »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #56 on: 15 Mar 2016, 10:38 pm »
Test fitted the Rythmik Audio A370PEQ amp for the Super-V's in the flat pack boxes from Jay today.  Nice fit!

Will try my hand at DuraTex once it dries out after a few days of rain. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #57 on: 15 Mar 2016, 11:30 pm »
Test fitted the Rythmik Audio A370PEQ amp for the Super-V's in the flat pack boxes from Jay today.  Nice fit!

Will try my hand at DuraTex once it dries out after a few days of rain. 

Never a doubt  right Rich  :lol:
Glad they work   for you  !!

jay
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2016, 03:52 am by Captainhemo »

Captainhemo

« Reply #58 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:16 pm »
Here's a triple with the  overhaning tops,bases and a .5" roundover on all  outside edges but the very bottom

and with the grill  frame inseted

As mentioned earlier, if  you aren't into dealing with a seam, these larger tops/bases are  the way to go as they turn the seam into a transition leaving nothing to deal with  :thumb:

jay

Guy 13

« Reply #59 on: 21 Mar 2016, 09:37 pm »
Jay =  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Guy 13