GAS Flea Market thread

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
Revel Performa m20 speakers - SOLD SOLD SOLD
« Reply #600 on: 20 Apr 2021, 05:39 pm »
SOLD FAST

My next offering is the extremely well reviewed Revel Performa m20, made in the USA!

I'm the second owner and have had these for three years and can back up all the glowing reviews.  Soundstage, detail and low end to boot!  A serious overachieving speaker for their price.  They really rock, but also perform really well with all genres.

https://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/492/index.html

http://www.soundstagenetwork.com/revequip/revel_performa_m20.htm

Frequency response: 46Hz-16kHz, ±1dB (in-room)
Sensitivity: 87dB
Weight: 45 lbs each.

Sadly, one of these suffered an injury.  See pic.  Aside from the bottom corner ding, they're in excellent shape.  Is it noticeable?  Yes.  But you can easily hide the ding with a sticky note, piece of gum or a custom decorative doily of your choosing.  :o

Originally $2000/pr.  (no stands included)

Would prefer a local sale here in St. Louis.  Willing to drive up to 100 miles to meet up.

« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2021, 01:16 pm by kirch »

Chalkdust

• Can't I live when I'm young?!
Rotel RC-1550. Sale Pending
« Reply #601 on: 25 Apr 2021, 01:25 am »
This is a very nice preamp.  I found it to be very transparent and make a wide soundstage.  It’s all analogue and has a ton of connectivity.  There are two tape loops, the phono stage and three more inputs!
I don’t have the remote.  I am selling because I want to make some changes, and i have too much gear.
It has a nice amount of gain, and it always sounds clear.  I am asking $275 on this forum.  It is also on CL for $300.  I have $275 in it, so Id like to recover it if I can. 

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2021, 11:15 am by Chalkdust »

slanted

FS: Bryston BDA-1 DAC [SOLD]
« Reply #602 on: 4 May 2021, 10:47 pm »
I am selling my Bryston BDA-1 DAC. (No Remote Control) I am the second owner and I have the original box but not the original user's manual (all Bryston manuals are available for download from the Bryston website).

The unit is in perfect operational condition. The only problem is cosmetic as there is a small dent at the top of the front panel. (See picture) The dent is not very big and doesn't detract from the overall appearance of the unit, in my opinion. I am only selling it because I upgraded to a unit that could do DSD natively. I used it primarily with a Bryston BDP-Pi music server.

Originally sold for $2000. Asking $575 on CL but will take $500 from GAS.

SOLD. Thanks, Joe.

« Last Edit: 11 May 2021, 07:06 pm by slanted »

Chalkdust

• Can't I live when I'm young?!
Re: Rotel RC-1550. Sold
« Reply #603 on: 5 May 2021, 06:08 pm »
This is a very nice preamp.  I found it to be very transparent and make a wide soundstage.  It’s all analogue and has a ton of connectivity.  There are two tape loops, the phono stage and three more inputs!
I don’t have the remote.  I am selling because I want to make some changes, and i have too much gear.
It has a nice amount of gain, and it always sounds clear.  I am asking $275 on this forum.  It is also on CL for $300.  I have $275 in it, so Id like to recover it if I can. 

hdspeakerman

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #604 on: 21 May 2021, 07:35 pm »
Hello! I still have my Will Vincent Baldwin amp for Sale.  It is 25 watts.  I am the second owner and it has about 200 hrs on the tubes.  Pictures are on this thread, one page back.  Asking $600.  Prefer not to ship.  It is very heavy. 

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
Speaker stands - $100
« Reply #605 on: 16 Jun 2021, 03:19 pm »

Made for the Revel Performa's I recently sold but didn't wanna ship, so I didn't advertise them with the speakers.  Pretty sure they were $200 new.

28" tall in excellent shape.  I 'assume' you can fill them with sand if you so desire. After trying that and auditioning with and without sand with other stands, I noticed zero difference.  So I personally don't buy into that theory. 

Locals only.  $100.  Thanks!

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #606 on: 30 Jun 2021, 01:40 pm »
--
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2022, 01:26 am by vinyldavid »

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
« Reply #607 on: 18 Jul 2021, 09:50 am »
--
« Last Edit: 8 Aug 2022, 01:26 am by vinyldavid »

Groovin

« Reply #608 on: 30 Jul 2021, 12:29 am »
Is this available still

Mathew_M

« Reply #609 on: 29 Aug 2021, 06:34 pm »
I have a Marantz M-CR611 that I am looking to sell.
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-cmWDaEW8LNC/p_642MCR611/Marantz-M-CR611.html

$200 OBO.  I purchased a few years ago but no longer need it. Send me a PM if you’re interested.  I’m in the St. Louis area and can meet up.

Mathew_M

« Reply #610 on: 29 Aug 2021, 07:47 pm »
I have a pair of Pioneer BS21 and a pair of BS22 speakers for sale.  I'll let the BS21 go for $50 cash and the BS22 for $70 cash.  Local pick up preferred in the St. Charles area.  PM for more details.  I can take pictures but they are boxed up.  They are in excellent condition.  If you are also interested in the Marantz CR611 then I'll package with the whole lot for $300 cash.  The Marantz and Pioneers (either BS21 or BS22) make for an excellent budget setup.

ptman

Hand Woven Wool Area Rugs (Middle East, China)
« Reply #611 on: 6 Sep 2021, 11:20 pm »
Not the usual posting for this area, but these are helpful with floor reflections. These have been in the basement for several years, and you'll likely want to get them cleaned. Woodard's does a great job. Need to get them out of the house by September 13th, and have priced them accordingly. The pictures were taken in the basement, and the lighting and shadows aren't the best.

14' x 9'10". Chinese. $350

10' x 7'10". Hole in corner, but nice rug if something will cover it. $85.

(2) 6' x 4'. Muted colors. $75/apiece

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2021, 09:00 pm by ptman »

ptman

Vibrapods (4) - Dang Near Free
« Reply #612 on: 20 Sep 2021, 09:03 pm »
Clearing out the basement. Four Vibrapod isolators. Unsure of the weight rating, but I likely had these under a light CD or DVD player.

Can mail to you, or we can meet.

$1 to cover gas is appreciated.

« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2021, 11:02 pm by ptman »

Mr Peabody

« Reply #613 on: 20 Sep 2021, 09:29 pm »
PM sent

kentj1948

Schiit Gungnir Multi-Bit w/Gen 5 USB, $900
« Reply #614 on: 15 Oct 2021, 04:17 pm »
A friend of mine in Orlando sent his Gungnir DAC to me a couple of weeks ago so that I could audition it.  He has purchased the new Yggy LIM and plans to sell the Gungnir.  I have not heard a newer multi-bit and the sound quality of this DAC has really impressed me.  It is a great sounding DAC.   Since it is here in St. Louis, I thought that I would see if anyone local was interested in it.  You will save on shipping costs and possibly Paypal fees.  His asking price is $900.  We can work out an audition.

The Gungnir is about two years old and in excellent condition cosmetically and functionally.  It comes with a box and a power cord.  The manual is available on the Schiit web site, which has a lot of good information.  It is worth reading the brief owner's manual.  www.schiit.com

I also have some very good quality, reasonably-priced coax digital cables, AC cords, and balanced interconnects that would work well with the Gungnir if you are in need of any of these items. 

Thanks for checking out this ad. Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

popthinker

Re: Schiit Gungnir Multi-Bit w/Gen 5 USB, $900
« Reply #615 on: 15 Oct 2021, 04:55 pm »
A friend of mine in Orlando sent his Gungnir DAC to me a couple of weeks ago so that I could audition it.  He has purchased the new Yggy LIM and plans to sell the Gungnir.  I have not heard a newer multi-bit and the sound quality of this DAC has really impressed me.  It is a great sounding DAC.   Since it is here in St. Louis, I thought that I would see if anyone local was interested in it.  You will save on shipping costs and possibly Paypal fees.  His asking price is $900.  We can work out an audition.

The Gungnir is about two years old and in excellent condition cosmetically and functionally.  It comes with a box and a power cord.  The manual is available on the Schiit web site, which has a lot of good information.  It is worth reading the brief owner's manual.  www.schiit.com

I also have some very good quality, reasonably-priced coax digital cables, AC cords, and balanced interconnects that would work well with the Gungnir if you are in need of any of these items. 

Thanks for checking out this ad. Kent Johnson 636-399-8053

I've heard it in Kent's system. It sounds pretty good! Detail and depth.

mjmsound

« Reply #616 on: 17 Oct 2021, 02:53 pm »
For sale Sound Lab Dynastat electrostatic speakers.
$1500.00, local pickup only.
no boxes.

NO longer for sale

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2022, 12:09 pm by mjmsound »

jp6923zx

« Reply #617 on: 17 Oct 2021, 05:56 pm »
Very interested do you have any pics ?

Thanks James Plumb
gravity@macomb.com

slanted

VPI Traveler Turntable (SOLD)
« Reply #618 on: 8 Nov 2021, 07:30 pm »
Hello, I have had to dismantle one of my home systems due to space concerns. Not my concerns, someone else's. I have decided to part with my VPI Traveler turntable and some other gear that I will list shortly.  I am posting on GAS before I do so on other sites.   

The VPI is in excellent condition and includes the original packaging, accessories and an aftermarket acrylic dustcover specifically designed for the Traveler. There is a very nice Grado MM cartridge with low hours installed currently. I cannot recall the specific model but I'll look it up and post it. I have had the VPI for about 5-6 years and it has always performed flawlessly.

I'm asking $800.00. Local sale only. I dont want to disassemble to ship and the dustcover would have to ship seperately. I'm also happy to drive a reasonable distance to deliver.

Please email me off-list with any questions/comments.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
hjmx2.1@gmail.com

« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2022, 03:09 pm by slanted »

churchill127

Re: GAS Flea Market thread [SOLD]
« Reply #619 on: 11 Nov 2021, 02:49 pm »
SOLD!

Hello All,

Have not posted on here much, but I wanted to share the end result of a pandemic hobby.

This is a absolutely stellar Fisher Philharmonic tube stereo console from 1961 with the P-22 9 tube amplifier. Considered the height of luxury in home audio at the time, Fisher made the best stereo consoles, and it really shows.

Aeolian Music company was an exclusive supplier of Fisher audio equipment, and this console was built specifically to be sold at Aeolian Hall in downtown St. Louis, in a beautiful fruitwood veneer which over time has taken on a gorgeous light coloring on the outside facing sections of the cabinet; on the inside the red hues of the cherry wood are still quite visible. The inside cabinet still retains all lettering, both around the amplifier knobs, as well as on the glass faceplate.

I have carried out an extensive restoration, including the following:

-Replaced all electrolytic capacitors and diodes, and when possible used film capacitors to extend the life of the amplifier.
-Renewed the finish of the wood both on the outside and inside of the cabinet.
-Replaced capacitors and wiring in the speaker crossovers,
-Replaced dial bulbs with modern LEDs to reduce electrical strain on the amplifier as well as reduce heat exposure to the dial glass.
-Increased safety of use by installing a safety capacitor and replacing cord with a modern plug that can only be plugged into a socket in one orientation to prevent electric shock.
-Cleaned amplifier chassis and console interior

The turntable, a venerable Garrard 209, has been disassembled, all moving parts cleaned, reassembled, and then taken to and serviced by a professional audio equipment store in St. Louis. The service included:

-Full lubrication of all moving parts
-All mechanisms checked and aligned for proper function
-Both cartridge and stylus were replaced with new old stock

Both the manual and automatic modes work perfectly on the turntable, and it tracks well with no skipping.
I also have a dual 1209 which could also be fitted into the cabinet with some light modification.

This stereo console was very well equipped, with excellent AM and FM sections, as well as stereo and mono modes for the turntable and auxiliary connection. I am including a RCA to headphone-jack cord which is currently plugged into the auxiliary connection to allow an ipod or phone to be connected to the console. This also comes with the original made in West Germany Fisher tubes (quite valuable these days).

I am always open to reasonable offers, or potential trades in audio equipment of a similar value. I would like to move this on to someone with more space and who appreciates this for what it is, an excellent example of a certain part of audio history. If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can set up an audition for you to hear how excellent the amplifier sounds.

I currently have it listed at $895 on facebook marketplace, but will take less from an audio circle member.

winston anthony
winstoneanthony@gmail.com

« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2021, 02:32 pm by churchill127 »