is this wrong?

guf

is this wrong?
« on: 19 Jun 2019, 09:24 pm »

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: is this wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2019, 09:35 pm »
The only person that matters is you, unless you have a decorating advisor.

Really the only thing that i notice is the speakers might be above your ear height.  And that would only matter when sitting.  If one is up dancing then that's a whole diffrent story.

Alan

guf

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2019, 09:56 pm »
wellll the speakers are upside down so the drivers are closer to ear height than they are if they are right side up.  I'm wondering if there is a technical reason its wrong? Does the tweeter always need to be above the woofer? Dose the port have to be on the bottom of the speaker?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2019, 10:02 pm »
First rule is Audio:  If it make you happy go for it.   If you want folks to criticize post it on a forum :nono:

I couldnt make out the speaker rotation so two thumbs up on creativity.

Alan

jmolsberg

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2019, 10:09 pm »
Keyboard doesn't have the numbers pad = wrong

guf

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2019, 10:41 pm »
or this

Doody

• Troublemaker
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2019, 03:54 pm »
Keyboard doesn't have the numbers pad = wrong
:lol:

charmerci

« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2019, 04:16 pm »
I'll be the contrarian. Yes.  8)
(Well, you asked!)

pursuitofnow

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jun 2019, 05:43 am »
or this

This set up seems like it would sound better. What have you found to sound better between the various set ups?

RDavidson

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jun 2019, 02:03 pm »
Yeah, I would bet that the horizontal setup would work best in this case. The primary driver is at ear height.

guf

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2019, 02:13 pm »
When I tried this months ago I liked the upright configuration. I wanted to hear these speakers with my desktop electronics. I thought it look ridiculous but sounded good, good enough to leave them there for a while. I use a Rhythmik F8  under my desk. What I want is a CAM or even a SAM on my desk but trying to resist buying more speakers. So I'm playing around. The boominess is not ideal in any arrangement. the horizontal was interesting and maybe doable. Sitting near field to an alnico driver is really nice. I'm think a single maybe better instead of a HO.
My normal set up is a 3i.

SuperXRSSeattle

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2019, 06:29 pm »
How do you deal with the hassle of reconfiguring the iso stands? I can't get mine apart, the tubes are really stuck in their sockets.

edit: I went in with fervor, a can of spray lube, allen wrench and needle nose pliers. That or equivalent is what it takes if anyone is stuck with isoacoustics wacko design on the Iso-L series extensions. Hint - prelube the tubes before assembly to give yourself the best chance.

« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2019, 12:30 am by SuperXRSSeattle »

effluviography

« Reply #12 on: 21 Jun 2019, 09:11 pm »
Louis made me a custom sized alnico monitor. It is the same depth and height as a 3i, but 9" wide. I use it near field on my desk and it sounds great. No boominess. I couldn't fit CAMs, so Louis thought this would work. He thought they had a really balanced sound and I agree. A definite upgrade to the 3i's I was using before (though I enjoy the 3i as well). Alnico is lovely. Perhaps that might be an option for your desktop.

guf

« Reply #13 on: 22 Jun 2019, 06:48 am »
How do you deal with the hassle of reconfiguring the iso stands? I can't get mine apart, the tubes are really stuck in their sockets.

edit: I went in with fervor, a can of spray lube, allen wrench and needle nose pliers. That or equivalent is what it takes if anyone is stuck with isoacoustics wacko design on the Iso-L series extensions. Hint - prelube the tubes before assembly to give yourself the best chance.

hmmm? I've never had that problem. Sometimes getting the little spacer out is a little difficult.
Louis made me a custom sized alnico monitor. It is the same depth and height as a 3i, but 9" wide. I use it near field on my desk and it sounds great. No boominess. I couldn't fit CAMs, so Louis thought this would work. He thought they had a really balanced sound and I agree. A definite upgrade to the 3i's I was using before (though I enjoy the 3i as well). Alnico is lovely. Perhaps that might be an option for your desktop.

we've talked about that. I just need to follow through. can you share some pics?!