Multi-room In ceiling speakers

werd

Multi-room In ceiling speakers
« on: 22 Dec 2016, 09:49 pm »
Lately I've installed ceiling speakers through my house. I am using Yamaha 2040 140 watt receiver to power 3 rooms using paradigm ceiling speakers.  Dual voice coil (one speaker)in bathroom and kitchen. Stereo in the main upstairs. The problem with the running multi room speakers is the sound that comes from other rooms.  My solution was to keep the volume only in the room that I was in.

The better solution and a tip for a anyone doing this. Try running your rooms out of phase. I have my kitchen and living room out of phase and fixed the problem significantly. There is no reverb generating from the other room. I still hear the other room. It helped and something to consider when using multi room ceiling speakers.

:thumb:

ctviggen

Re: Multi-room In ceiling speakers
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2016, 09:53 pm »
I wanted to do that (or pay someone to do it), but my wife wouldn't let me.  She currently uses the Amazon Echo to listen to music, as do the kids.  I'm the only one who listens to our own music, through our own equipment. 

That's a good point about out of phase. 

werd

Re: Multi-room In ceiling speakers
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2016, 10:56 pm »
You should  :thumb:. They are not that hard to install but there are potential fire codes you HAVE to obey. The reason you should do it yourself because many installers will not follow it. You have to watch what they do.

The out of phase cancelled the annoying reverb from other room. When you walk in the other room you are back in phase.  :D. Walk in and out of phase..  :lol: