Successsion - Episode 2

KLH007

Re: Successsion - Episode 2
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jun 2023, 03:37 am »
I will miss Jim and Mary's smiles at shows. Your passion for speaker design was evident to anyone who listened to them, and you made them look beautiful as well as fantastic sounding. Salk Speakers will be missed. I hope the future keeps you passionately involved in our industry.

Rocket

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jun 2023, 10:46 am »
Hi Guys,

Jim's website is down :(.

Cheers Rod

jsalk

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jun 2023, 12:57 pm »
The web site is down because Comcast is down.  Our servers are running, but have no connection to the internet as of now.  We will be back online as soon as Comcast re-establishes connections to the net.

- Jim

Ace Deprave

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jun 2023, 03:55 pm »
I really hate to hear this. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

johzel

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jun 2023, 04:19 pm »
Wow.  Sorry to hear this.  But a job well done, Jim.  Congratulations and wishing you all the best in your future endeavors. You are clearly one of the best people I've met in this hobby over the many years I've been involved.  Blessings to you and your family!!

Mudslide

« Reply #25 on: 16 Jun 2023, 06:47 pm »
Also, Jim, I hope those great artisans who build all your lovely speakers will do okay and find new, rewarding jobs and futures.

And hey ... retirement IS all it's cracked up to be!   :D

DFpritchard

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2023, 08:13 pm »
Just in time for the harcourt season; can we expect to see you at the US Open?

Be as good to yourself as you have been to us! 

DFpritchard

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jun 2023, 08:16 pm »
Meant to type 'hardcourt', of course.  A play on his tennis.

mordikai

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2023, 10:35 pm »
Jim- will you be offering your design plans for sale?

Bubba12

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2023, 11:47 pm »
I own the Song3 speakers and have loved them since day one. The Salks are great people as well. i was lucky enough to see the shop a couple times. All the best with the future.

MichiganMike

« Reply #30 on: 17 Jun 2023, 02:13 pm »
i have enjoyed sonically and visually my SS10 speakers in pau ferro veneer and SongTower QWT in koa veneer for more than a decade.  My Salk speakers have saved me money by quenching the urge to upgrade speakers every few years.   

It was equally a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet Jim and Mary.  They are wonderful people that set a high standard in knowledge, cordiality and integrity for others in the industry.  I wish them great happiness in whatever their future may hold.     

jsalk

« Reply #31 on: 18 Jun 2023, 08:38 pm »
Jim- will you be offering your design plans for sale?

In all probability, yes.

- Jim

rlee8394

« Reply #32 on: 19 Jun 2023, 06:44 pm »
I was fortunate enough to visit Jim and Mary at their shop in January 2017. They were so kind and entertained all of my questions on speaker building. Jim even let me help him assemble drivers in a BRM Monitor! They even treated me to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant. I'll miss seeing them at CAF each year. Maybe they'll show up as an attendee instead of an exhibitor.  I still enjoy my Salk Custom Song towers that Jim built for me in 2010. As others have already said, a real class act.  Best to you Jim and Mary in your future endeavors.

Ron

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #33 on: 19 Jun 2023, 08:44 pm »
Best wishes on 'retirement', and your future endeavors Jim & Mary. While I missed a chance to meet you in person at Mudslide's back in '10, we did speak a time or two back in '07 when I bought my std. Song Towers. They are still serving well in my HT system, as is the Song Center I got shortly after. Your attention to customer service has always been of the highest quality, even exceeding the quality of the products you and your team produce. May you enjoy the coming adventures whatever they may be, and I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to find someone to take up the banner going forward. Your knowledge, kindness, and expertise will be missed in the audio community. I hope you find a way to continue to share those things with the industry & public if only in on a limited scale in the future.

Best wishes to the entire Salk Sound team in their futures as well.

JDH

sounddog

« Reply #34 on: 21 Jun 2023, 03:18 pm »
Jim and Mary, I am sorry that the business will not continue, but I feel fortunate to have known you. You should be very proud of what you’ve accomplished and the joy your speakers have given to all of us who are lucky enough to own them. And you’ve both done this all so graciously. I wish you the very best.

Peter

robink

« Reply #35 on: 22 Jun 2023, 06:55 am »
This is some sad news. There is no other company like Salk Sound out there.

Jim, I want to thank for you the HT2-TL you built for me over a decade ago and the recent BMR Tower. In both cases, you built second cabinets for me for the same reason both times, without hesitation, because I wanted the ports on the front. The BMR Tower was well worth the 1.5 year wait. While the colour turned out different from what I expected, I think I like it better. I will cherish both of them for as long as I can.

I love that each speaker from Salk can be a unique piece unlike some one else's speaker. I think only Salk owners will actually appreciate and understand how good it is to own a custom Salk piece.

mav52

« Reply #36 on: 1 Aug 2023, 02:29 pm »
Sad news, I' just heard about this.

ermd1

« Reply #37 on: 6 Aug 2023, 09:51 pm »
Sorry to hear this Jim.  We were very lucky to have you show us the details of your operation during COVID and that sold us on your products.  My SS 9.5s and SS 9C are awesome! 
We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Rocket

« Reply #38 on: 7 Aug 2023, 01:04 pm »
Hi,

I also think the company is unique and no of other company compares. I'm done now with speakers as I have a pair of Bepure 2 speakers. Hopefully, Dennis Murphy will keep manufacturing his speakers for a while to give new customers to get good sounding products at an affordable price.

Cheers Rod

Rocket

« Reply #39 on: 7 Aug 2023, 01:05 pm »
Double post.