Affordable amp or integrated that excels space, depth, soundstage

witchdoctor

The Powergate's low price is stunning for what you get, no way would I open my wallet for more than $200 smackaroos until I gave this a listen. Remember, Amazon has a 30 day return policy so you can always return it. Here is a link to the powergate thread:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162664.0

Folsom

Looking for any suggestions or experience as this is what I’m looking for.

Affordable means used or new under $2500.
To use with Audio Physic Virgo or other.

"or other" ? That's not very useful. The APV's take 200w to drive right according to reviews. Other speakers might be happy with 2.

Wind Chaser

based on your preferences for space, depth and soundstage, I can vouch for the 2Cherry and I'm pretty sure that the company has a special running right now that will get you the amp below your $2500 target. 

https://www.cherryamp.com/5-channel-amp

+1 furthermore I bet it is at the very least as good as the Devialet. I see far more Devialet‘s come up for resale than the DAC Cherries. Sooooooo....

Freo-1

+1 furthermore I bet it is at the very least as good as the Devialet. I see far more Devialet‘s come up for resale than the DAC Cherries. Sooooooo....

Highly questionable.  The Devialet owners usually sell in order to upgrade to the latest version.     That, along with there strong sales numbers, compared to niche brands,   are the reasons one sees them show up.

You don't see many of the higher end Devialet devices for sale.  They usually get upgraded instead.   

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
As a tube lover, I have to say that the Cherry amps get tone better than Devialet.  Actually the DAC Cherry/Maraschino amps get tone better than any other digital amp I've heard. 

Freo-1

I'm also a fan of tube sound, but the Devialet  (especially in mono) are significantly more accurate sounding.   This is due to the high power, SAM technology, and the integrated DAC setup. 

The Devialet is not a digital  amp per se.  It's an analog amp that supplies current via Class D. 

The reviews are all very positive,  and compare favorably with 100K setups.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
I'm also a fan of tube sound, but the Devialet  (especially in mono) are significantly more accurate sounding.   This is due to the high power, SAM technology, and the integrated DAC setup. 

The Devialet is not a digital  amp per se.  It's an analog amp that supplies current via Class D. 

The reviews are all very positive,  and compare favorably with 100K setups.

Time for a shootout!  :thumb:

Freo-1

Time for a shootout!  :thumb:

I wonder if one has already been done.    I think maybe the Tone Audio folks have been exposed to both?

avta

Here’s Tone review of the Devialet 140 Pro:   https://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-devialet-expert-pro-140/

rikhav

I would recommend you Karan acoustics integrated amplifier.
It's recently discontinued but see if you can find one used in your budget

witchdoctor

Here’s Tone review of the Devialet 140 Pro:   https://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-devialet-expert-pro-140/

How is $6000 "affordable"? :scratch:

Wind Chaser

Depends on what is in your wallet.

witchdoctor

Depends on what is in your wallet.

No, it depends on the OP's budget of <=$2500 :duh:

avta

There were some used Devialet units available within his budget.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
No, it depends on the OP's budget of <=$2500 :duh:
IMO the best option is the Cherry STM Streo at $1200

OzarkTom

IMO the best option is the Cherry STM Streo at $1200

The STM is great, but what happened to the OP?

mr_bill

I'm out here and reading everything - thanks for all the input so far.  I did contact Tommy too based on the amp recommendations

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
I'm out here and reading everything - thanks for all the input so far.  I did contact Tommy too based on the amp recommendations

And Tommy is a kick to hang out with as well.  The opposite of the stereotypical audio engineer.

Reynolds853

Those speakers have a low impedance and seem a bit power hungry.  I would look in the Musical Fidelity, McIntosh, Hegel area depending on what your likes are.  Hegel is the cleanest/coolest of the three and the integrated DAC /Streamer makes things very simple.  The McIntosh is the warmest and fullest, maybe.  Musical Fidelity is a good mix of those others and can be found for a song.  I got a M6500 for $2k used and it is holds its own against my buddy's mega-buck McIntosh separates system.  So many good options out there, though.

AvsFan

And Tommy is a kick to hang out with as well.  The opposite of the stereotypical audio engineer.

I second that! Dude is awesome! Who cares what his electronics sound like.  :D
But thankfully they sound sublime.