Aid for Bunky.

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Aid for Bunky.
« on: 23 Apr 2008, 02:12 pm »
All, I spoke with Bunky's cousin today and he has provided contact information. As mentioned by others, I think the best way to do this would be to send aid directly to Bunky. He and his daughter truly did lose everything. His cousin says that locals have already donated a good bit of clothes and they seem to OK in that regard at the moment. I would suggest anyone interested in sending a check, a gift card or just a card, send it directly to Bunky. If you want to send material goods, it might be a good idea to contact Bunky and see what he needs. Remember, he is currently staying at his cousins house. I have no idea if he wants boxes of plates and frying pans flying through the door until he and his daughter are settled in a new home. So, anyway, if you would like to send Bunky a card, a check or a gift card [Sears, Target, Home Depot, Pier One Imports are all major stores in our area], please send them to the following address:

WILLIAM WALDECKER
C/O MEL SANDUSKY
507 PLEASANT VIEW AVE.
PASADENA, MARYLAND 21122

E-mails to Bunky can be sent to:
dorothy_sandusky@comcast.net

This information will also be posted at the Polk Audio forum. Details concerning the stereo system should be coming shortly. In the words of that great humanitarian, Packman Jones, "MAKE IT RAIN!!" :)

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Re: Aid for Bunky.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:19 pm »
Quite a few people over at the Polk forum are expressing concerns about sending checks and gift cards to an address POSTED on the Internet and I have to agree. Maybe Mark at Polk would be willing to accept them AT Polk? Maybe have a Paypal account set up for Bunky? Open to ideas!!!!!

Levi

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:25 pm »
Sorry to hear this.

I am coming in late.  What happened?

Levi

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2008, 03:27 pm »
I got it.  Posted in town square.

This should be the main thread with all the information for Bunky.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2008, 04:18 pm by Levi »

Merle

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2008, 07:15 pm »
Mark at Polk posted that he was going to look into a better way to do this than send anything to an address posted on the internet. I believe he will have more information tomorrow. If the Polk forum guys come up with a better solution, I will post that information here.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2008, 08:41 am »
OK,

There seem to be several guys here who will send $  or gift certificates.  That is awesome.

Just for you guys who don't know William:
he is truly a "real"  person,  always saying what is on his mind, always straight up without BS, and a genuinely great person.  Very, very refreshing.  He is a single dad.  His daughter is an intelligent, and immensely nice girl.  The kind of people who would deserve this the least.  As a matter of fact,  whenever I spoke with William on the phone,  Courtney always somehow ended up chatting with me.

So,  I think that Merle has the right idea here:  keep the direct support coming.
As for a system,  which we should still pursue,  please send this out to either Merle or Mark from Polk,  once he will post his shipping address.

Then,  PLEASE  post the gear that you are sending on this forum,  so that we don't end up with an incomplete system,  but 20 pairs of cables.

As for music,  William loves Rock, Blues,  etc.  Pretty much what most of us do,  and really,  there can't be anything off.  Whatever you guys feel is good music,  I am sure that William and Courtney will enjoy as well.  That should probably be send to the same address / his cousin /  as the financial support.
I think that Mark is taking care of the speakers,  while we take care at least of the Candela.

Thanks,

Klaus

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2008, 08:43 am »
Forgot:  Does anybody has a 2nd Computer laying around ????

pis99

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2008, 12:02 pm »
Yes,

A Paypal account set up for Bunky is good. I will make immediate US$500 to support this ideal. I do not post but I enjoy this forum a lot.

Pis99

jdodmead

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2008, 09:07 pm »
What's the PayPal id for the Bunky account?

Please disregard I misread the last post.

jeff

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2008, 09:38 pm »
Merle,

Can you set up a Paypal account ???

bunky

« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2008, 11:51 pm »
Hey Guys,I am just blown away at what i have been reading here! I just talked to Merle a few minutes ago and i want to thank everyone here and @ Club Polk for thier Genuine concern.thanks....WCW III   PS:I must have changed my password at Club Polk because i cannot log on there :(

djbnh

« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2008, 12:48 am »
Hey Guys,I am just blown away at what i have been reading here! I just talked to Merle a few minutes ago and i want to thank everyone here and @ Club Polk for thier Genuine concern.thanks....WCW III   PS:I must have changed my password at Club Polk because i cannot log on there :(

Bunky,

Dropped pwds might be the least of your concerns at the moment. Nice to see your monogram again.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2008, 02:31 pm »
Dropped pwds might be the least of your concerns at the moment. Nice to see your monogram again.
:lol: Ditto Bunky. Although you and I have never had a one on one 'chat', I feel for you and your daughter.
My wife and I have spoken about your situation everyday since the news broke. Your in our thoughts and prayers.
Check your PM's (assuming your in-box isn't full  :lol: )
PM me if you don't receive my message.

Bob

Sonny

« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2008, 02:11 pm »
Sounds good to me...
Let me know what length of cables he needs, etc...
Thanks to everyone for helping Bunky out!
Tuan

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2008, 02:41 pm »
hey bunk, need any tunas?  or just cash?   :green:

best,

doug s.