Bryston Summer Promotion 2008

predrag

Re: Bryston Summer Promotion 2008
« Reply #20 on: 21 Jul 2008, 09:38 am »
Well, Audio Dream is also Rega distributor beside Bryston and PMC and very helpfull.
Whatever I read or heard from the owners of P9 was mostly very positive.
It is idiot-proof as there is not much to be adjusted every week or so.
The key word here is rigidity and not some complicated suspensions that require a lot of maintenance.
It´s delivered with their best tonearm RB 1000 and external power supply.
James, do you or anyone else here have any experience with Rega´s MC cartridge or have a reccomandation for another one?
The downside of P9 is it´s looks. Not that it doesn´t look decent but some other contenders in this class look fascinating.
However this has nothing to do with the sonic side that really matters.

predrag

« Reply #21 on: 21 Jul 2008, 09:54 am »
Yes, and regarding the phono preamp I was advised by a very advanced Hi-end enthusiast who had Bryston gear before and has two TT-s: VPI (dunno model , probably top one) and Rega P9 modified that the best solution for me would be BP 1.5 regardless of cartridge.
He said the precision of your gear is unmatched by anything else not only in this price class but generally.
His P9 is stripped completely, without the cover and without the wooden frame. There is only wooden chasis below the platter.
I will tell you more after a longer listening session at his place.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #22 on: 21 Jul 2008, 12:33 pm »
Yes, and regarding the phono preamp I was advised by a very advanced Hi-end enthusiast who had Bryston gear before and has two TT-s: VPI (dunno model , probably top one) and Rega P9 modified that the best solution for me would be BP 1.5 regardless of cartridge.
He said the precision of your gear is unmatched by anything else not only in this price class but generally.
His P9 is stripped completely, without the cover and without the wooden frame. There is only wooden chasis below the platter.
I will tell you more after a longer listening session at his place.

Hi Predrag,

Yes our Phono stage is one of the little known gems in our lineup even if I do say so myself.

Our original Phono Stage was developed for CBC Radio in Canada to provide the most accurate RIAA Playback Curve available. It is a two-stage RIAA design which has many technical benefits. Since then we have refined it and refined it. An example of it's accuracy is that most distortion in RIAA stages is measured in plus or minus "X" decibels- the Bryston is plus or minus "X" millibels.

james
« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2008, 03:24 pm by James Tanner »