BP26 & SP1.7

KeithA

BP26 & SP1.7
« on: 28 Apr 2008, 11:46 am »
I haven't had time to rsearch this yet...so I figure why not ask.

Is there a way to use a BP26 and a SP1.7 in the same system (via flow through, or some other manner) where the BP26 is used for 2 channel listening and the SP1.7 is used for movies?

Keith

KeithA

Re: BP26 & SP1.7
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2008, 02:43 pm »
Ok, using 'SEARCH' I think I have the answer and it's no, there is no 'HT flow-thru'.

Any reason why this would not be a function on the BP26 from a Bryston design perspective?

Keith

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 28 Apr 2008, 03:24 pm »
Ok, using 'SEARCH' I think I have the answer and it's no, there is no 'HT flow-thru'.

Any reason why this would not be a function on the BP26 from a Bryston design perspective?

Keith

Keith - I've asked James the question before and he responded that in order to accomplish this the BP26 would need a re-design.  The BP16 has HT bypass.  I listened to the BP26 vs. the SP2.  There were some differences (I might have even responded in a thread) but to me it was not worth it to sell the SP1.7 and buy a BP26.

KeithA

« Reply #3 on: 28 Apr 2008, 03:39 pm »
Thanks Phil.

Keith

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2008, 08:34 pm »
 as an owner of the 26 and the sp2 (4b sst) i thought about it. to my ears the 26 has a noticeable advantage in stereo sound.

1) what if the 26's tapeloop outs are connected to any analog sp ins?

2) and what if the vcr/tape outs of the sp are connected to an 26's analog input?

all these outputs are not volume controlled. correct? so this way (1) the 26 could run through the sp if you wish the soundquality of the 26 instead of the sp. the bad thing about it is that both preamps have to run...

the other way around (2) it would be like that you can listen to the 26... and if you wish to watch a movie just turn on the sp. it will deliver stereo-only (maybe stereo downmix) into the 26.  for the center and surrounds you will need the missing amps, of course.

haven't tried it yet but i should give it a try. and what about a 'delay' between the signal send  from the sp through the bp (example 2)
and the signals send directly from the sp to an amp........????

alex.