Ad Blocker or Not?

Don_S

Ad Blocker or Not?
« on: 28 Nov 2017, 05:54 pm »
Has anyone tried Ad Blocker with Edge?  I am getting sidebar advertisements for Ad Blocker stopping all ads.  Ironic much?  :lol: But I swear I am tempted to try it because some news items I click on are so polluted they are unreadable.

richidoo

Re: Ad Blocker or Not?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2017, 06:10 pm »
I used adblock for a couple years. Recently switched to Ublock Origin in Chrome browser, found it to be much better. Yblock is available for Edge.

maty

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2017, 06:23 pm »
Ad blocker ALWAYS.

Why? I was the first spanish list ad block creator!

http://abp.mozilla-hispano.org/nauscopio/filtros.txt Last modified: Oct 26, 2013

I got tired of nobody being grateful for the work that was involved, only complaints or demands. Now I do not share my list, which covers everything I visit. Like I do not participate in the Spanish web.

The best add-on: ublock Origin

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2017, 07:49 pm »
Maty: There is one more demand for you, dont know if you want made this effort, currently there is a huge gap in FF57 that is a lack of substitute for the Classic Theme Restore extension.
If you could transcript the original C.T.R. app to the new FF57 API format would be nice :thumb:

maty

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2017, 07:55 pm »
I had problems with the default theme some beta before. I changed to the Clear theme and all OK.

I do not participate in Mozilla development.  I prefer to spend my free time trying to get excited with very good (before eighties usually) music recordings, more pleasure.

rodge827

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2017, 08:14 pm »
Just went through a trial period and bought a subscription $40. My laptop is about 4 1/2 years old and would get seriously bogged down from the ads. Now it runs quieter (less to no fan noise) and much faster loading sites and pages. Was looking to replace my laptop but will now hold off and put the extra $$$ to something else... 8) 

My 2c

maty

« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2017, 08:20 pm »
Ads and.... privacity!!!!

ublock origin (with only some ad and privacy lists + mine filters) + HTTPS Everywhere + Ghostery

maty

Nocoin.txt with browser add-on
« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2018, 10:28 am »
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2018, 09:09 am by maty »

maty

« Reply #8 on: 7 Mar 2018, 08:36 pm »
Researcher finds 50,000 sites infected with cryptocurrency mining malware

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/07/wordpress-cryptocurrency-mining-malware/

Relying on source-code search engine PublicWWW to scan the web for pages running crypto-jacking malware, Mursch was able to identify at least 48,953 affected websites.

He adds that at least 7,368 of the compromised sites are powered by WordPress

ctviggen

« Reply #9 on: 7 Mar 2018, 09:31 pm »
The main problem I've had with adblockers is that a lot of websites look for them and won't let you access the site if you have them. 

maty

« Reply #10 on: 7 Mar 2018, 09:46 pm »
Very few sites if you mark:

[x] Adblock Warning Removal List

Folsom

« Reply #11 on: 7 Mar 2018, 09:53 pm »
I just click up in the corner on the adblocker icon and say allow, if it's a site that blocks me for it.

It seems like websites are getting wise to the fact, that they have to keep it tasteful. Like this one, the ads are tasteful and not ruining the forum, and yet have appealing products.

ctviggen

« Reply #12 on: 7 Mar 2018, 10:06 pm »
Thanks, I'll try those.

I don't mind ads, but some of the webpages have gotten crazy with them.  The moving ones are particularly annoying, as are the videos that automatically start playing (who thought this was a good idea?). 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #13 on: 7 Mar 2018, 11:15 pm »
What is the difference between ublock plus, ublock origin and ublock?  I currently use adblock plus for chrome.

maty

« Reply #14 on: 8 Mar 2018, 08:42 am »
https://www.google.com/search?q=ublock+origin+adblock

-> https://techonation.com/ublock-origin-vs-adblock-plus/

Conclusion

Well, it was a debatable comparison between ublock Origin vs Adblock Plus. uBlock Origin dominated most of the segments. You can either use one of them; you won’t notice much difference in your browsing experience.

If you are using one of these ad blockers, there is no need to switch, as the primary aim of these Ad blockers is just to block the annoying ads as much as they can. If you want an ad blocker with simple layout more settings and features than uBlock Origin is worth considering.

Adblock Plus is not a bad option though; it depends on you which are the things you want in an ad blocker. I am using uBlock Origin from few months, and it’s my favorite as of now.

JohnWick128

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jul 2021, 05:22 am »
https ://www.google.com/search?q=ublock+origin+adblock
Nulls Clash Apk
->

I raffer you to usse uBlock Origin. Cause it have cool features than any other adblocker.

Chris_Johnson_@.

• FMWhatsapp Apk
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jan 2022, 03:50 pm »
It’s amazing for me to have a site, which is good in support of my know-how. thanks admin.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2022, 05:20 am »
This past week the extension Ghostery stopped blocking advs in YT site to force me to buy his premium pay version, I had to remove Ghostery and installed the next one available in the FF list that was AdBlockerUltimate, no prob so far.
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2022, 06:29 am by FullRangeMan »

Nashi05

« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2023, 07:25 am »
Contemplating 'Ad Blocker or Not?' reflects an ongoing dilemma. Balancing uninterrupted content consumption and supporting free platforms tugs at user ethics. As the digital landscape evolves, this decision becomes a nuanced exploration of personal preferences, privacy concerns, and the intrinsic value of the online experience.