Chicken shears?

mcgsxr

Chicken shears?
« on: 1 Sep 2016, 08:15 pm »
I bbq a lot of birds.  I quarter them raw and am looking for new scissors.

The OXO Good Grips ones I bought last year failed.  The "return spring" busted. 

Willing to spend 40-75 for the right durable set.

Anyone have a recommendation?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Chicken shears?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2016, 09:48 pm »
I've had this pair of Henckels for 10-12 years, and I like them much better than straight blade shears I have used.  Kinda pricey, but your not likely to replace them.  Only negative is the spring steel will can and probably will discolor.  Some reviews rate them down for being unwieldy for small hands... probably true, my hands are large. 

https://www.amazon.com/Henckels-International-Serrated-Poultry-Shears/dp/B00005K8PC/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1472766266&sr=8-37&keywords=chicken+shears

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2016, 09:57 pm »
In more a scissor style, you might like these.  ChefKnivestoGo is a solid small company and has these made for them.  Tojiro is a budget but stil high quality Japanese knife maker.  I've always found their stuff to be high value.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/tojiroshears.html

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 2 Sep 2016, 01:37 pm »
Appreciate the insights and recommendations.  Tojiro makes a few for consideration, and appear to fit the budget well. 

Amazon.ca carries them too, which is not always the case as a Canuck. 

:thumb:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 3 Sep 2016, 01:23 am »
Cool!  I hadn't seen the Tojiro ones but I have several Tojiro knives, none of them have let me down. :thumb:

djbnh

« Reply #5 on: 3 Sep 2016, 11:42 am »
Kershaw Taskmaster Shears have worked well for me. I also like that they are easy to clean.