A Visit To The Master

ZLS

A Visit To The Master
« on: 14 Jan 2009, 05:15 pm »
Over the Holidays I had the distinct privilege and pleasure of visiting Louis at his factory.  I have been a customer of Omega for 4 years, and during that time Louis has never been anything less then, helpful, patient, and honest (perhaps to a fault) so I was really looking forward to meeting him in person.  Louis was a gracious host, and showed me around and explained how Omega Speakers are made.  It was as he was explaining things to me ( I am technologically challenged) that I finally understood why Omega Speakers reach me on such a deep emotional level.  The pride in Louis's voice as he explained what goes in to making his speakers; the excitement he had when explaining all the new ideas he was working on (without disclosing a trade secrets) the passion he brings to his work are all things that I hear when I listen to music through my Omega's. 

The one thing that impressed me most of all, was his drive to keep making Omega Speakers better, coupled with his willingness to listen to suggestions from other people.  Omega Speakers keep getting better and better because Louis keeps trying to make them better!  He makes everything himself, so he is not afraid to try different ideas and concepts just to see if they work.  There are no committees to answer to, no one he has to justify why he does what he does, no minimum orders of parts and their cost that would inhibit his creativity.  I tried to explain to Louis how rare of a business model this is today; one that is actually based on improving quality to generate greater customer satisfaction.  Imagine this concept, a business whose success is actually based on the pleasing the customer!  Louis's answer to my rant was, "Why would I want to do it any other way?" 

Omega Speakers not only represent great value, they are built with great values.  It is not dollars that Louis is chasing, but excellence. 

This is what I hear when I listen to my Omega Speakers. 

Thank you Louis for your hospitality. 

BTW, Louis and my taste in music could not be any farther apart!!  Go figure.   

Eadron

Re: A Visit To The Master
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2009, 06:45 pm »
Hi ZLS,

and thanks for the great post!  :thumb:

It would be a real pleasure to meet Louis in person! What a gentleman he is and most of all - real helpful, friendly, really down to earth kind of guy whose enthusiasm for making things work is quite extraordinary, rare indeed. It isn't difficult to recognize that even here from the woods of(cold) Scandinavia. I'm so happy for having such a privilege to deal with him. Besides, he really makes the most musical speakers on earth  aa!

Cheers,

Jouni

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2009, 02:41 pm »
Omega Speakers not only represent great value, they are built with great values.  It is not dollars that Louis is chasing, but excellence.
ZLS, great post.

I would love to meet Louis and tour his factory some day. Having spent a number of hours with him on the phone, your words reinforce my image and impressions of Louis. I view Louis as a person that is totally dedicated to his craft, with a strong drive to deliver unmatched value to his customers.

Besides, he really makes the most musical speakers on earth  aa!
Jouni, it's only fair we warn others: Omega's can lead to marital problems... Every night my wife becomes an audiophile-widow, as I'm sequestered in my media room immersed in beautiful music.  aa

Louis O

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jan 2009, 01:42 am »
Hi ZLS,

It was great meeting you in person after all these years. I'm so happy that you stopped by to visit me. I wish I had the sound room set up better, but it's a work in progress.

I'm not the best in expressing in words how much your kind words make me feel, but thanks and much appreciated.

Always working on the next thing and it could be anything. I heard the other day about humidity levels in rooms during winter and how bad it could be being that dry. Trying out a small humidifier to get better sound. Always thinking of something.

Thanks Jouni and Kent,

Door is always open and I would really like to meet you too. Kent is a bit closer and if Kari gets me some plane tickets to Finland I'm there.

Thanks again,
Louis

Eadron

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jan 2009, 04:43 pm »

Door is always open and I would really like to meet you too. Kent is a bit closer and if Kari gets me some plane tickets to Finland I'm there.

Thanks again,
Louis

Louis, thanks a lot. It would be fun, really  :D..maybe some day..gotta' talk with my wife  :scratch:
And, gotta' talk to Kari too - again..  :lol: (about those plane tickets). Hope this really happens one day  :wink:.

Best,
Jouni