amps odyssey whith infinity kappa...

ducky7566

amps odyssey whith infinity kappa...
« on: 27 Apr 2009, 07:26 am »
hello everybody ... I have my stratos mono extrème since early February ... filming is finished ...
I think. my speakers are infinity KAPPA 8 A. ..
 what some of you have already tried the association infinity (kappa) with amps ODYSSEY? . and what do you think? . thank you for your answers ....
ducky, the frenchy ...

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1030&t=29907528 8)... :wink:
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2009, 08:52 am by ducky7566 »

ducky7566

Re: amps odyssey whith infinity kappa...
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2009, 10:16 am »
details to inform you ... I am concierge 2 imeuble and I live in a box function. the piece is not very large, 35 M2, and I have to move the speakers when I listen to music ... :oops: :cry: :duh:
on the forum , click on images.

ducky7566

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2009, 04:42 am »
hi guys ...  :wink:... 110 visitors and not a "small" "hello  :oops:, not a position, not a comment ... :cry: I hope that is not what I am a little frenchie ... :roll: :oops:
I liked a little communication ... :wink:..........ducky .

Musky_Don

« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2009, 05:01 am »
Yo French Duck,

Welome.  I do not own any Infinity products but I can confidently state that Odyssey amps mate well with anything Dynaudio.  That should help a bit.  But then again, I am a DHS certified Right-Wing Extremist.  Listen to your system.  I'm more interested in your opinions of the Odyssey/Infinity combo than your supposed struggles with English.  What is the rest of your system?

Don

ducky7566

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2009, 05:24 am »
great... an answer... :P 
hello Musky_Don. you can click on the link I put in the 1st post ... you have an overview of the hardware in the house ...  8)
for now, is my composition: 2 mono blocks stratos extreme, pre-harman kardon signature 1.0, cd cambridge 640
cv 2, 3D converter DAC LAB 2000 24/96 ... on infinity kappa speakers 8A ...
rca cables W & M, tara labs helix 6 for HP.

the stratos is daunting keeping with kappa ... and god knows that these speakers are hard to driver ...
my only problem is that my room is too small ... to 11 hours on the preamp, the room can do more ... domage  :cry:
but the result is sound delicious ... I am satisfied with this set ...
my only reserve, will be on the pre ... I think I can find better ... I continued my research.
I was advised to try the NAD S100.et why not a tempest or candela. :wink:
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2009, 06:51 am by ducky7566 »

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2009, 09:14 am »
Ducky,

Bon jour mon amie.  C'est une surprise agréable de vous voir ici. 
Contactez-moi s'il vous plaît à mon privé Email adresse.
Nous pouvons discuter en détail les différents produits.

Au revoir,

Klaus

ducky7566

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2009, 11:00 am »
Klaus hello and congratulations for your french ... can you send me your personnel   email by MP ... I have a problem with outlok ... .. thank you ducky. :wink:

Musky_Don

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2009, 03:12 pm »
Yo Duck,

I have a set of Odyssey monos (standard) and a Tempest in a second system.  They progressed there as 'hand me downs' as I upgraded my main system.  The main system is mostly designed for analog w/ Dyn Confidence C2s driven by Odyssey extreme monos through a very nice tubed phono pre-amp.  I think the Tempest does an outstanding job with digital sources.  I have no direct experience with the Candela.  Anyway, I have been considering selling off the second system for two reasons.  First the gear is overkill for a system that I only listen to passively.  Second, I need some funds to upgrade main system amps with Klaus.  If you are interested, I will sell the Tempest for a reasonable price.  It has the remote upgrade and is in perfect shape.  Send a message if interested.  I like it enough that if you want to try it out, keep for 2 weeks and if you don't like it, send it back for refund less shipping.  I don't think Klaus sells them anymore so I think this post is ok to put here.  If not, sorry Klaus, delete away.  Anyway, since you like the amps so much it is not a stretch to think odyssey pres will mate well with them.  The Tempest does (and if the Candela handled phono I would probably own one of those).  I certainly would not be concerned about buying a Candela from Klaus.  My guess is that you would love it as much as the amps. 

Good luck Duck.  :icon_lol:

ducky7566

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2009, 03:36 pm »
 hi Musky-don.

thank you for your offer, but I will not accept it ..
The first reason is that your device is 110 volts 50hz ... In France, 230 v 60 hz and the conversion is done on the Volt, not the hz ... I think ...
Then, customs, VAT, carriage return ... all for uncertainty ...
it does not seem "reasonable"

I think Klaus will try to do with Peter, ODYSSEY NEDERLAND, if we can do something for me ... I can do a test on a preamp with remote ...

does not please me, but most of the time, I am the way of reason, more logical, see, from the simplest ...

Regards, ducky

Musky_Don

« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2009, 03:33 am »
Duck,

I had no idea shipping to France was such a hassle.  I have shipped to Canada but that's the extent of my outside the US shippiing experience.  You are reasonable.  I wish you the best in your pursuit of all things audio.  I am confident Klaus will take care of you.  If you ever get to the Chicago area let me know, many adult beverages await your arrival.

Don

ducky7566

« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2009, 04:50 am »
Don hello ... first of all, thank you for your invitation  :wink: . if life gives me the opportunity to travel to usa ... I will contact you with pleasure  8)

yes, in france and in europe, when you buy or receive a package outside EU, there are taxes ... + 25% in the price of the item + transport ... what misery ...  :evil:

sometimes, I see fantastic equipment to buy on ebay U.S. A. ..  :o
but it must persuade the seller to ship in france, and pay these ....... taxes. :cry:
ok ... to the next, Don, bye.