Omega DeepHemp 8 Subwoofer, opinions and experience anyone?

AvsFan

I have a pair of custom Super 3 HO monitors coming in soon and already have a pair of Magnepan LRS speakers. And if you are familiar with Magnepan. Lightning quick speakers. Just like the RS5 drivers.
So I have been contemplating other subs that are very musical and well built. Built for two channel listening and that can blend well with both speakers. I already have a pair of RSL Speedwoofer 10S's that I have matched with my ZU Audio Omen Dirty Weekends. I really enjoy that set up and will most likely add another pair down the road. However I want to try something different to see what I think. This sub from Louis seems very legit and exactly the kind of musical sub I am looking for to pair with either the LRS's or Omega's. 

https://omegaloudspeakers.com/collections/bass-foundations/products/deepomega-8-subwoofer?variant=32198253068

FireGuy

I would have considered the deep hemp if I already didn't have an Outlaw LFM-1 plus.  From what I understand Deep Hemp was designed specifically to integrate with Louis Chochos' product line.  Feedback I've read has been extremely positive.

AvsFan

I would have considered the deep hemp if I already didn't have an Outlaw LFM-1 plus.  From what I understand Deep Hemp was designed specifically to integrate with Louis Chochos' product line.  Feedback I've read has been extremely positive.

Well.... I am about to find out. I didn't even mention this, but the one I am picking up is brand new, never been used and is the dual driver version of this sub. So it's the same width and depth but double the height. Bottom firing and top firing subs. Sealed.
Should be sick! 

FireGuy

Well.... I am about to find out. I didn't even mention this, but the one I am picking up is brand new, never been used and is the dual driver version of this sub. So it's the same width and depth but double the height. Bottom firing and top firing subs. Sealed.
Should be sick!

Please give us pics and impressions. 

Kalali

Well.... I am about to find out. I didn't even mention this, but the one I am picking up is brand new, never been used and is the dual driver version of this sub....

I had been eying that sub for a while and almost pulled the trigger but ultimately decided to go with a servo-controlled model sub instead. Great looking ebony finish. Congratulations.

AvsFan

I had been eying that sub for a while and almost pulled the trigger but ultimately decided to go with a servo-controlled model sub instead. Great looking ebony finish. Congratulations.

Yeah, I want to give it a try. Louis makes such great stuff. And for that price, it’s like half off brand new. I just think dual sealed 8’s are going to be VERY fast! I’m excited. If I like it, I’ll have Louis build me another one for dual stereo subs. Four 8inch subs in a two channel music system should be ridiculous.

And I am with you on the Servo subs. It was hard for me to pass up on the ones I was initially looking at.

AvsFan

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=168877.new#new

I'll be sure to rub it in, I mean let you know my thoughts on it once I receive it.  :wink:

Kalali

Please do. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. To be honest, I thought real hard and long about getting that sub since the seller was within my driving distance but I really wanted to go with an identical pair of subs and getting another new one from Omega was way out of my budget. Depending on your room size and configuration, you may find the single sub adequately complement your Super 3 HO or the LRS. It should sound great. You're in for a treat, just give it a little time for the drivers to settle in.

AvsFan

Please do. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. To be honest, I thought real hard and long about getting that sub since the seller was within my driving distance but I really wanted to go with an identical pair of subs and getting another new one from Omega was way out of my budget. Depending on your room size and configuration, you may find the single sub adequately complement your Super 3 HO or the LRS. It should sound great. You're in for a treat, just give it a little time for the drivers to settle in.

Yeah, another one will be expensive but I always run dual subs. So I committed myself here. One in each corner of my room. Four 8's will be fun!

hells

I'm also interested in more impressions of these. There are a real lack of reviews about these on the internet. One very positive one from headphone.guru, but not much else beyond a few forum posts saying how much they love them (I believe them. I love my CAM's that Louis made) but I'm not sure if speaker experience translates exactly to subwoofers even if they are woofers, meaning a speaker.

I'm torn on getting these or a REL. I lean towards these as the sound of my CAM's makes me willing to place a bet on Louis's work. They're just utterly great speakers.

AvsFan

I'm also interested in more impressions of these. There are a real lack of reviews about these on the internet. One very positive one from headphone.guru, but not much else beyond a few forum posts saying how much they love them (I believe them. I love my CAM's that Louis made) but I'm not sure if speaker experience translates exactly to subwoofers even if they are woofers, meaning a speaker.

I'm torn on getting these or a REL. I lean towards these as the sound of my CAM's makes me willing to place a bet on Louis's work. They're just utterly great speakers.

Yeah, I can't find any reviews on these other than the one review from headphoneguru. But then again, Louis's speakers in general are for a VERY niche group of people that have great taste in audio equipment.  :D

I have tracking numbers now, so it's on it's way! Very excited! I will take some unboxing pictures.

hells

Yeah, I can't find any reviews on these other than the one review from headphoneguru. But then again, Louis's speakers in general are for a VERY niche group of people that have great taste in audio equipment.  :D

I have tracking numbers now, so it's on it's way! Very excited! I will take some unboxing pictures.

:D That's super exciting, post some impressions as well!

AvsFan

:D That's super exciting, post some impressions as well!

ABSOLUTELY!

I will be hooking it up to my Magnepan system, so it will for sure be tested to the extreme. Need a musical and articulate sub to mate with the Maggies.

Nocturne79

I have a pair of omega 8" subs and really likle them alot.  Once they got broken in they are the extra bass foundation that i was looking for I use them with a pair of Alnico HO towers.  my setup includes decware gear and a van alstine amp. 

The subs are really fast and for my room i dont even have them up very high.  If you are liking movies or something I would highly get a different type of sub but for music its fantastic and I havent bothered to move them once i got them in place.  I am a huge fan of dual subs if you can pull it off but i tried one time just using one sub and it still was really good.  The music just had that nice bass foundation that helped everything else.

Have to admit first song i played when getting these subs was Tron soundtrack :)

Also love the small form factor of these subs very easy to place them.  Both of mine are downfiring.

hope this helps

hells

That is a great start, if I'm being honest Daft Punk and The Chemical Brothers are likely the first stop when I get my sub. My Rythmik F12SE will be here thursday, but my preamp had to be sent back for a replacement, so I won't get to hear them until next week :/ The servo driver won me over, but still good to know the deepHemp's are awesome (not unexpected).

I'll be following your lead in music in less than a weeks time ;)

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
That is a great start, if I'm being honest Daft Punk and The Chemical Brothers are likely the first stop when I get my sub. My Rythmik F12SE will be here thursday, but my preamp had to be sent back for a replacement, so I won't get to hear them until next week :/ The servo driver won me over, but still good to know the deepHemp's are awesome (not unexpected).

I've not heard Louis' subs, so can't compare.  I have a pair of F12's though and am totally happy with them.  Very fast, defined bass that reaches way down to 14hz.  The damping control is also nice if you want to loosen the low end some.  I keep it on high damping though, as I like that tight bass. 

Maybe someday I will get to compare!

....Pete

hells

I've not heard Louis' subs, so can't compare.  I have a pair of F12's though and am totally happy with them.  Very fast, defined bass that reaches way down to 14hz.  The damping control is also nice if you want to loosen the low end some.  I keep it on high damping though, as I like that tight bass. 

....Pete

This hobby has so many some days for me that I think I'm going to be broke for some years 🤣

AvsFan

I have a pair of omega 8" subs and really likle them alot.  Once they got broken in they are the extra bass foundation that i was looking for I use them with a pair of Alnico HO towers.  my setup includes decware gear and a van alstine amp. 

The subs are really fast and for my room i dont even have them up very high.  If you are liking movies or something I would highly get a different type of sub but for music its fantastic and I havent bothered to move them once i got them in place.  I am a huge fan of dual subs if you can pull it off but i tried one time just using one sub and it still was really good.  The music just had that nice bass foundation that helped everything else.

Have to admit first song i played when getting these subs was Tron soundtrack :)

Also love the small form factor of these subs very easy to place them.  Both of mine are downfiring.

hope this helps

Yeah, I wouldn't even consider them for movie playback. Looking at 100% two channel music. I am sure they would do okay on movies, just not going to rattle your windows or anything. I am using dual RSL Speedwoofer 10S's in my theater set up and they are extremely articulate and musical as well. I really like them and I have been through A LOT of subs to get to a sub that does both music and movies well and gives me that clean, tight punch you in the chest bass, not feel it in your stomach bass, although they do play plenty low enough for me. Kind of what I am looking for with this dual Omega. Minus going real low. The 28hz roll off is fine with me. I'm not listening to pipe organ music.  :D

If all goes well with this dual version of the Hemp 8, I too will be adding a second one. I have always been a dual sub guy. Already talked to Louis about it.

AvsFan

I REALLY narrowed it down to that Rythmik and the Omega. It was a tough choice. I am sure either sub won't disappoint.
Should have the sub this week. My pre-amp and cables next week. I can still hook up the sub to my current system though. 

AvsFan

....Pete

Nice choice. Like my last post said, it was a toss up. a dual 8"sealed sub though at half price was too good to pass up on.