How we do it.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
How we do it.
« on: 12 Oct 2013, 06:30 pm »
How we do it:

Pez: iPad, for me the iPad is almost perfect for this stuff. Great for uploading photos, though I wishing it were easier than having 4 separate apps open and having to switch between them constantly is a pain in the ass, but it's even harder on a laptop so this is the gear I use.

Tyson runs around with his stealthy look MacBook Air and uses his iPhone to wirelessly tethers his laptop and upload his notes.

Our cd is about 8 minutes long. Of that 8 minutes I have about 3 minutes to take 4-8 pictures, upload them from the camera to the iPad then from the iPad upload to photobucket. Then photobucket to AC. all while trying to get a feel for the general room sound prior to getting the sweet spot for my two tracks. It must be surgical and we communicate with thumbs up to know when I done uploading and Tyson can post comments then I type up my impressions then upload.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: How we do it.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2013, 07:24 pm »
Hope you have as much fun as the work you both put into sharing the show with us. It is appreciated, globally I'm sure.  :D  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2013, 09:42 pm »
Would be cool if there was a third guy that the two of you would transmit info to, and he'd be the one to organize it and post it.

Great job guy, rock on.

Tyson

« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2013, 07:16 pm »
Sometimes a 3rd person tries to keep up with us, it usually doesn't last too long :P

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2013, 08:01 pm »
 :lol: I can see why.
I was talking about a guy sitting back at "home base", in the hotel room drinking beer absorbing and processing all the data you're sending him. 
Kinda like your person bitch.  :whip:

taoggniklat

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2013, 06:25 pm »
Bummer I didnt get to hang out with you this year. I didn't make it down to the show until Sunday at about 1pm so I didnt have much time.

I got to check out a few of my favorites and a few others. I had a friend with me that has never experienced something like RMAF. His idea of hifi is his "rhymes with doze" computer system...now he will never be the same again. :)

Well, maybe next year I will catch up with you again. :)

Jared

Tyson

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2013, 08:37 pm »
That would be super cool.  Did I read right that you started your own business? 

taoggniklat

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2013, 09:35 pm »
That would be super cool.  Did I read right that you started your own business? 

Yes. I still have my day job but I started a company. It is sound related, but on the pro audio side of things. We do sound and lighting production for festivals, concerts, bands, etc as well as mobile DJ work.

Tyson

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2013, 09:52 pm »
Wow, nice!  Good luck, hope things are going well.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2013, 03:28 am »
Tyson and Pez,

A peek into the "How It's Made" world is super cool. Like the television show, though, your description leaves out what must be many mind-numbing *are you shitting me* moments, wherein a mere mortal would simply quit.

You guys work above and beyond the call of an "Audiophile". Seriously; at a minimum, your past RMAF reviews have led to a noticeable increase in the use of room treatments, with positive effect. That benefits everyone.

The 2013 RMAF Review will most certainly add to the betterment of our hobby.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for speaking like real people. You guys totally kick ass, and I think you both ROCK.  :beer:

Have fun, and thanks again,

Jerry