A milestone in small room acoustics...I think.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
A milestone in small room acoustics...I think.
« on: 22 Oct 2011, 04:17 pm »
I have not had the opportunity to read all of this yet, but it appears to be a huge step forward for the DIY community to make sense of room measurements.  Measurements that are interpreted imprpoerly can be worse than none at all.

Go there and read this:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=99520.msg1005499;topicseen#new

Let me know what you think.

Dave

tasar

Re: A milestone in small room acoustics...I think.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2011, 04:37 pm »
Dave, thanks for this good read. All part of a hugh algorithm called "room modes". We need to talk re your recommendations the other day.

tasar

« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2011, 05:04 pm »
Dave and all. Thought I would post my room schematic above on the Room Treatment stickie. Not being selfish here, thought we could share ideas and learn along the way. As you say Dave, the best IC is a "sound" room......or something like that. Ya'll game ?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2011, 05:35 pm »
Dave, thanks for this good read. All part of a hugh algorithm called "room modes". We need to talk re your recommendations the other day.
Dave, too.  I think this is a very good idea.  This is a Circle dedicated to reader/user input and output.  It is a discussion, not a lecture.  I'm not all that smart.

Post away.

If I can get more thorough dimensions from you on the room, I can draw a floorplan to help things along.  Is everything more or less correct other than the entry door on the drawing that I sent to you?

Dave

tasar

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2011, 06:27 pm »
Ya Dave........the rear corner right corner as drawn is square as opposed to the other 3. There are 2 doors either side of the physical corner itself. I know your intention with the diffusers, but assume with OB these also serve as bass traps as you did not call for any. Your drawing shows a different look for panels at first reflection, thicker ? material ? Then I pondered, where's the ABBs and when do you use them or are they for the less inclined, ie those that don't want to fabric skin there own duct boards.

tasar

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2011, 05:22 pm »
Don't mean to make this the "Dave" thread but just want you to know Dave......Egor has my print from you so he might like your take on changes to the one rear corner. Dimensions are as given with schematic I sent earlier. Let him know, I want to discuss(exhaust) corner and ceiling diffusion

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2011, 03:06 pm »
Don't mean to make this the "Dave" thread but just want you to know Dave......Egor has my print from you so he might like your take on changes to the one rear corner. Dimensions are as given with schematic I sent earlier. Let him know, I want to discuss(exhaust) corner and ceiling diffusion
I'm thinking that a moveable panel (aka a "gobo" in the recording industry) is what will be needed for serious listening.  I'll talk to Greg tomorrow and we'll figure something out.  No hill for a climber.

Dave
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2011, 02:01 am by dBe »