Source for info on TT setup?

drphoto

« on: 19 May 2003, 04:21 pm »
If I take the plunge....what is a good source for info on table setup. I mean I know nothing about cartridge alignment etc.

My first audiophile purchase (when I was 15) was a Thorens TD165, but the dealer installed the cart. (a Shure V15)

I wished I'd gotten in on Josh's Rega offer, but think I may go w/ a Sota Sapphire I found used. Maybe just nostalgia....but the best system I ever heard was running a Sota. (rest of system was all CJ Premier amps powering a speaker called Essence....a bunch of varying size boxes stacked together.....it was just stunning. I've never seen that speaker anywhere since.)

nature boy

« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 05:22 pm »
Audio Asylum, click on FAQ and look into the turntable set up articles.  These will probably give you more information than you ever wanted.

NB

Tonto Yoder

Re: Source for info on TT setup?
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2003, 06:27 pm »
Quote from: drphoto
If I take the plunge....what is a good source for info on table setup. I mean I know nothing about cartridge alignment etc.

My first audiophile purchase (when I was 15) was a Thorens TD165, but the dealer installed the cart. (a Shure V15)

I wished I'd gotten in on Josh's Rega offer, but think I may go w/ a Sota Sapphire I found used. Maybe just nostalgia....but the best system I ever heard was running a Sota. (rest of system was all CJ Premier amps powering a speaker called Essence....a bunch of varyi ...

Hey, that was MY first audiophile TT!! I remember the cartridge (series III) costing $50 (and now even the trade-in stylus has gone up to $50).

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2003, 08:50 pm »
NB.

Thanks for the tip. That's exactly what I wanted.

j

nature boy

« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2003, 12:32 am »
Dr.,

Your welcome.  Best of luck with your new vinyl set up.

NB