Psvane & Shuguang Black Treasure - Reliability?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Psvane & Shuguang Black Treasure - Reliability?
« on: 21 Sep 2018, 03:47 pm »
Hi all, I bought a bunch of Psvane and Shuguang Black Treasure tubes based on how much I liked the Treasure KT88 and Psvane CV181 tubes.  I've read that there might be failures or noise that develops after a few months, I was wondering what the experiences are of people here.  Have you had failures or other problems with these tubes?

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: Psvane & Shuguang Black Treasure - Reliability?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2018, 04:32 pm »
Tyson, every tube we purchased from them has yet to show any issues. Enjoy !!

charles

Loki57

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2018, 04:43 pm »
I've been using Psvane EL34 tubes for about a year now. No problem what so ever. I leave the amps on about 12 or more hours a day.

orientalexpress

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2018, 06:50 pm »
I been using there Kt88 for last 5 years,no issue.

Tyson

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2018, 07:01 pm »
Sweet, cause I just ordered pairs of Psvane 6CA7 Tii, KT88 Tii, EL84 Tii, and the EL34 Philips metal base replica along with Black Treasure CV181, 6CA7, and KT66 (I already have Black Treasure KT88s).

I also have NOS Mullard EL34s (one set from Holland and the other set from Britain), along with NOS Tung Sol 6550s made in America.  And a bunch of 6L6/6V6 tubes from RCA, CBS, Sylvania, Tung Sol, Philips and National Union.  Most of these are still new in box and have never even been put in an amp.  The metal clad tubes are especially cool looking. 

For new production, I also have Gold Lion EL84, KT66, KT77, and KT88 , Penta Labs KT88s, new production Tung Sol KT150s, and EL34s from Electro-Harmonix, Mullard (new production) and Svetlana. 

Tube rolling, here I come :) 

richidoo

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2018, 07:02 pm »
Four Treasure 300Bs were reliable for me over two years. Sounded awesome!

As I understand, they are different companies at different plants and staff, so reliability might differ between the brands.

stereophe

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2018, 01:11 pm »
I've been using Treasure Kt88 tubes for about a year now. No problem what so ever.sounds better EH Kt88

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2018, 03:33 am »
Man I though I was nut for buy lots of tubes I never will use.
Just found it:

bluemeanies

« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2018, 08:47 am »
I have the Shaguang CV181Z in my SP14....no issues

Tyson

« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2018, 03:26 pm »
Since my initial post, I've been burning in tubes 24/7 on both my tube amps.  I put in a set of tubes, run it for 300 hours straight, then pull them and put in the next set of tubes.  The amps don't run the tubes very hard at all, so it's less intense than it sounds.  But still a good acid test.  So far I've not had a single tube fail or get noisy, and these are the ones I've already burned in:

Psvane EL34 PH
Black Treasure KT88
Psvane CV181-TII
Black Treasure CV181

And right now I'm in the process of burning in:

Psvane EL84 TII
Black Treasure 6CA7
PsVane 6CA7 TII

So far I'm pretty happy with their reliability.

Loki57

« Reply #10 on: 23 Oct 2018, 06:22 pm »
Have you listened to them to determine which set you like the best?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #11 on: 23 Oct 2018, 07:26 pm »
Tyson, home tube amps are not intended to run 24/7 or stay alone, certainly they will overheat unless you live in Canada, if some part fail may be a short or a fire.
Take care.

Tyson

« Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2018, 01:27 am »
Have you listened to them to determine which set you like the best?

Still burning them in, but the plan is to do a big shootout in a couple of months when they all have more than 300 hours each on them.   

Tyson

« Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2018, 01:28 am »
Tyson, home tube amps are not intended to run 24/7 or stay alone, certainly they will overheat unless you live in Canada, if some part fail may be a short or a fire.
Take care.

I kind of hope there is a fire and somehow reduces the amount of money my soon-to-be-ex-wife is able to steal from this marriage. 

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #14 on: 24 Oct 2018, 03:12 am »
Shuguang Treasure 2A3 off and on for 6 months with no problems

Loki57

« Reply #15 on: 24 Oct 2018, 11:31 am »
There is a article on Part Time Audiophile about the Pasvane EL34PH. Not really a review but info as to what they are and what the author used them in.

Les Lammers

« Reply #16 on: 17 Nov 2018, 01:29 pm »
Hi all, I bought a bunch of Psvane and Shuguang Black Treasure tubes based on how much I liked the Treasure KT88 and Psvane CV181 tubes.  I've read that there might be failures or noise that develops after a few months, I was wondering what the experiences are of people here.  Have you had failures or other problems with these tubes?

I have used them in my Inspire gear with no issues. Are you running them in your Inspire monoblocks? The complaints I have read seem to come from using them in gear that runs tubes very hard. The only old production power tubes *I* like more are 6L6G's and GA's. YMMV.

FloridaBoy from the big Inspire thread.

Pstores

« Reply #17 on: 24 Dec 2018, 02:38 am »
Just got some Shuguang CV-181 t sounds terrible. Noisy, popping, hiss....  Where are you buying them? Thought I purchased from a good dealer. But guesssing not. And I did do my research.