Headphones on Virtue One.2 ???

xxdbxx

Headphones on Virtue One.2 ???
« on: 9 Feb 2011, 01:04 am »
Hi, i have been using my virtue one.2 with a pair of psb image b5's on my desktop and recently got my 1st pair of headphones. Sennheiser hd595's.  can/would you run them directly from the virtue?

Here is my system PC --> nuforce udac2 --> grant fidelity b283 tubebuffer --> virtue one.2 (interconnects are my own version of the white lightening moonshine homemade cables :)  )

right now i use the headphones in my nuforce and have to have the grant and virtue OFF otherwise i get the LOUD hum from the psb's.  Is there anywhere else in the chain i might want to try tapping into with my headphones for greater aural nirvana?  and if i did - is there such a thing as an rca switch that does not disturb the signal?

thanks,
db

goorackerelite

Re: Headphones on Virtue One.2 ???
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2011, 05:12 am »
You would not want to run the 595s on the virtue. If you manage to get the cabling adapters right, it would blow your head right off at volume notch one!!!

The 595s are fine headphones that work very well straight off an ipod.
If you're looking for a great dac/headphone amp for cheap, I'd recommend the nfb-3 by audio-gd.

Cheers!!!!

jelt2359

Re: Headphones on Virtue One.2 ???
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2011, 06:06 am »
If your 595s are balanced, read this http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91161.0

Otherwise, no luck. I run my non-balanced headphones out of the Sensation's pre-outs (which can be controlled by the volume pot too, luckily. But the Virtue don't have this.