Passion USB cable

Teojjsg

Passion USB cable
« on: 15 Apr 2023, 08:52 am »
Hi Pete,

My name is JJ Teo and introduced by Gavin from Singapore.

Can you kindly quote and sell me a Passion USB cable including shipping to Singapore pls?

I have sent you a few emails but no reply. Thank you.

Best regards,

JJ Teo

Triode Pete

Re: Passion USB cable
« Reply #1 on: 16 Apr 2023, 04:13 pm »
Hello JJ,
Please use “triodewirelabs@gmail.com” to contact me. My older email addresses do not work & I do not receive them.

As far as the “Passion” USB cables, I am experiencing supplier issues for the USB parts. Until this is resolved, I temporarily removed the Passion USB cables from my website.

Best regards,
Pete

Triode Pete

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2023, 06:41 pm »
FYI, my supplier issues have been resolved and the "Passion" USB cables have been placed back onto my website... https://triodewirelabs.com/product/passion-usb-cable/

Cheers,
Pete

jandrews

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2023, 10:09 pm »
Hi Pete
Is the μR-link USB constructed the same as the Passion USB currently being offered?
Thanks
Jason

Triode Pete

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2023, 01:45 pm »
Hi Pete
Is the μR-link USB constructed the same as the Passion USB currently being offered?
Thanks
Jason

Hello Jason,
The "μR-link" USB cable is similar in construction but does not have the proprietary 3 pole power filter. The μR-link USB cable does not have the "trigger" as well...

I have a few "μR-link" USB cables in-stock even though they are not listed on my website...

Cheers,
Pete

jandrews

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2023, 02:26 pm »
Thank you
Can you elaborate on what the “trigger” is? I don’t see it mentioned on the Passion description.
Also, what is the difference in case-use between the two? Assuming the Passion would be used from streamer to Dac and the μR-link would be used used a reclocking device?
Thanks

Triode Pete

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2023, 06:07 pm »
Thank you
Can you elaborate on what the “trigger” is? I don’t see it mentioned on the Passion description.
Also, what is the difference in case-use between the two? Assuming the Passion would be used from streamer to Dac and the μR-link would be used used a reclocking device?
Thanks

The Passion USB cable is a full functioning USB cable with both data & power legs (with a 5V trigger), whereas the μR-link does not have the power leg, just the data legs…

jandrews

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2023, 06:13 pm »
Thanks

AndrewA

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2023, 10:23 pm »
To connect a Schiit URD to a DAC, is it possible to make a USB cable type C to type B?

Triode Pete

« Reply #9 on: 21 Jul 2023, 04:14 pm »
To connect a Schiit URD to a DAC, is it possible to make a USB cable type C to type B?

Yes, it is possible...

Best regards,
Pete