Remote Volume Control

Xi-Trum

Remote Volume Control
« on: 3 Jan 2003, 03:55 pm »
Hi John, since I'm as handy as my 3-year old, is there an option that I send my Bent unit to you to retrofit with a remote volume control?  Thanks.

Brad

Remote Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2003, 05:11 pm »
Duen,

He looked pretty handy to me......
Let him give it a shot :idea:

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Remote Volume Control
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2003, 09:52 pm »
Hello!

We will be able to do the mods here for those not wanting to mess with it. Once they are ready to go I'll give instructions on shipping the units back here so that we avoid having to pay sales tax when they cross into Canada. Canada is rather good at collecting taxes - hopefully you folks in the U.S.  never take it to the high art it has become up here!!

I'll have instructions for the mod done after CES. Installing the remote mod will involve:

1- Install 2 plates in the front panel - the motor is attached to the innermost plate.

2- Install standoffs, timing belt pulley, belt,  and a shaft extension on the Seiden Switch.

3- Drill a hole in the front panel for the remote IR reciever to peek through.

4- Drill 2 mounting holes and a small hole for the power to connect through in the back panel. I will provide a little template to mark these holes.

5- Mount the PC board to the back panel and route the IR reciever to the front panel.

6- Wire the motor leads to the PC board. Terminal strips allow connection without any soldering.

I'll take a series of photo's to show each step and so a real instruction set after CES. Again, If you choos to have us do the mod thats fine and we'll arrange that when the time comes.

Many Thanks!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com

Xi-Trum

Remote Volume Control
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2003, 10:11 pm »
Quote from: John Chapman
Canada is rather good at collecting taxes - hopefully you folks in the U.S. never take it to the high art it has become up here!!

Yeah, you guys even have a tax on tax!  Ingenious, I'd say.  :o