Doubling up using Purist outputs

Montobo

« on: 19 Mar 2004, 07:25 pm »
How well would this work?

From one set of Purist output jacks, split the signal to drive a main amp and a sub amp.  Let us assume short interconnects and no impedance match problems even with two loads in parallel.  Could this setup result in an audible change?  I would like to leave the second output from Purist for recording out.  

Thanks!

Montobo

...Audiophile...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2004, 07:38 pm »
I guess I should wait for the Audiophile.  

1)  When will the Audiophile be available states-side?

2)  Also, back to the original question...

Thanks.

Curt

Re: Doubling up using Purist outputs
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2004, 06:19 pm »
Quote from: Montobo
How well would this work?

From one set of Purist output jacks, split the signal to drive a main amp and a sub amp.  Let us assume short interconnects and no impedance match problems even with two loads in parallel.  Could this setup result in an audible change?  I would like to leave the second output from Purist for recording out.  

Thanks!

Not a good idea, it won't hurt anything but usually don't sound optimum. Perhaps it would work OK in a pinch for a short time, depends on the system.

I'd just unplug the sub when recording since recording is not usually and everyday thing.

Curt

Re: ...Audiophile...
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2004, 06:23 pm »
Quote from: Montobo
I guess I should wait for the Audiophile.  

1)  When will the Audiophile be available states-side?

2)  Also, back to the original question...

Thanks.

1) I'm hoping to work on the new preamps this month. I'm just finishing an OEM contract design that lasted several months. Audiophile and Sabai are both near the top of the finish ASAP list.

HChi

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2004, 07:23 pm »
Hi Curt,
It is glad to know that you are done with the OEM contract and back to the audio-side again. While being busy working on Sabari and Audiophile, perhaps you can also contemplate whether to develope or add these other 'cool' extra features you mentioned to me.  Please let me know if you need an early, willful adaptor to test out these features :mrgreen: .

Best wishes,
-Howard

WEEZ

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2004, 07:51 pm »
Am I understanding correctly, that one of the set of outputs could be used as a tape output? Is one set before the volume control- and the other set after the volume control?

WEEZ

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2004, 07:54 pm »
No both are after the volume control.