Phono preamp

JoshK

Phono preamp
« on: 12 Feb 2004, 07:38 pm »
I know there has been some discussion with whether or not to add the phono into the sabai or make it optional and I think you decided on optional.  I just had some questions with regards to the phono you have designed for option.

Have you considered selling the phono as a standalone.  I know this isn't the most cost effective way of doing things but for those of us who have the purist this might be of interest.  If your phono has sound quality and performance anywhere close to the purist then this is the phono for me. I really have been shying away from a lot of colored and/or tube gear and really been preferring superbly low distortion and linear components lately.   I also think the looks of the purist rock and would love a matching phono in a utilitarian sleek look.  I would be willing myself to pay a little more to have a seperate unit in this case.

Also seperate phono has some advantages in placement, allowing the phono to be placed close to the table which is better in my opinion.  Also if one has there TT a little ways from the preamp this is advantages. I know you are busy and behind schedule on your audiophile preamps but I am just curious about this phono.  

If you aren't planning such a phono would you be willing to sell the phono board and raw case for the DIYer?

skchow

Phono preamp
« Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2004, 04:59 pm »
The separate phono would be pretty awesome since I jumped the gun and bought the purist.  Just so you know you'll have at least two customers for this one. :)

Sunny.

TheChairGuy

Phono preamp
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2004, 07:07 pm »
Make that, potentially, three  :D