Help identifying power cord

JoshK

« on: 24 Aug 2004, 05:46 pm »
Hi Curt,

Is there someway I can determine which power cord came with the Purist?  I somehow managed to put the original cord in a box with tons of computer power cords and such and now I am not sure which was the one for the Purist.  Is there anything imprinted on the length of the cord that could help me identify which one it is?

Josh

randog

« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2004, 03:51 pm »
Hi Josh,

This is what mine says on the cord (small debossed letters, so I might miss something)

E157735 (UL) SVT VW-1 75*C AWG16X3C H.W.G.

c(UL) SVT FT2 60*C AWG16X3C -F-

Replace * with degrees.

I got mine 2nd hand, and I'm assuming it is the stock cord. If it's not, somebody please pipe in since this cord is supposed to add a little magic to the preamp.

Curt, can you confirm?

Josh, if you find a cord with this info, then that's probably verification enough. Let me know.

Randy

HChi

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2004, 04:35 am »
Mine also has the same reading.

JoshK

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2004, 01:06 pm »
thanks guys.

Curt

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2004, 03:05 pm »
Josh, I'll get the markings from the factory tomorrow and post them.

Sorry for the delay, I have not been here recently.

Rocket

purist power cord
« Reply #5 on: 1 Oct 2004, 10:23 am »
Hi Curt,

Glad to see your back posting on audiocircle.

We have missed your contribution.  How are things going in Thailand?

regards

rocket

Curt

« Reply #6 on: 1 Oct 2004, 11:35 am »
Josh,

The power cord IRD supplies with the Purist is the same cord we supply with the MB-100 monoblock amplifier. It is rated at 250Vac @ 10A continous, with much higher current peaks. This is a good power cord for these applications.

The cord is made in Thailand by Ching Cheng and their name is on the cord.

The plug (goes into the wall) states model "EL-302" and the IEC socket (goes into the Purist or MB-100) states model "EL-701".

This should be enough to help locate the correct cord.

Curt

Re: purist power cord
« Reply #7 on: 1 Oct 2004, 11:57 am »
Quote from: Rocket
Hi Curt,

Glad to see your back posting on audiocircle.

We have missed your contribution.  How are things going in Thailand?

regards

rocket

Nice to have time to pop in, I missed AC.

Things are good in Thailand. Our factory is quite busy and it is raining almost every day so it's not too hot. Life is good...

We are expanding our factory to ease the workload. We were surprised to see how well America's economy picked up this past year or so. Our largest OEM account is selling faster product than we can build it.

I'll try to stop by AC more often if possible.

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 1 Oct 2004, 01:48 pm »
Thanks Curt for the response.  I also have a number of Volex power cords.  For those of you who aren't familiar these are belden based power cords that are 14 gauge.  I have used the Volex on a number of different components in my system.  They are amazing little buggers for the $6-8 entry price.  More proof that cables don't necessarily have to be expensive to sound good.  

They are not quite as "refined" and open as some of my other cables but a tiny fraction of the cost.  If you are trying to build a price/perf value system, this is definitely the place to start looking.  Of course, Curt's cord is quite the contender itself and I haven't yet A/B'd the volex to this one.

Curt

« Reply #9 on: 1 Oct 2004, 05:09 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Thanks Curt for the response.  I also have a number of Volex power cords.  For those of you who aren't familiar these are belden based power cords that are 14 gauge.  I have used the Volex on a number of different components in my system.  They are amazing little buggers for the $6-8 entry price.  More proof that cables don't necessarily have to be expensive to sound good.  

They are not quite as "refined" and open as some of my other cables but a tiny fraction of the cost.  If you are trying to build a  ...

Some of the 14AWG Volex cords are excellent, I like them too but we have to buy 5,000 to get them here in Thailand.

The Volex should work very good with the Purist or the MB-100. You may not hear a difference (from our stock cord) but it's an excellent choice for our gear.