Spore

Se7en

Spore
« on: 13 Aug 2006, 06:36 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if you folks have seen this before (I did a search and didn't find anything).

In any event, this is a project being developed by Will Wright (EA) of Sims fame and it is pretty "out there", not only in terms of scope but also the technologies they are being employed.

It is sort of a long video, but well worth a watch  :thumb:

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198

gitarretyp

Re: Spore
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2006, 08:42 pm »
Wow, that looks to be a pretty awesome game! I'll definately buy it when it's released. Here's a link to a wikipedia article on the game, as well Spore.

Se7en

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2006, 09:28 pm »

I was pretty amazed the first time I saw that video and I also had the opportunity to see a first hand demonstration at this year's E3 conference.

I hope that they can deliver on some of the promises being offered here. A number of these elements have been done before, but to do all of them under "one roof" so to speak is quite ambitious. I'm hoping for good things  8)

-Gabe 

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #3 on: 13 Aug 2006, 10:54 pm »
"Will Wright has said in interviews with GameSpot and IGN that they were aiming for the second half of 2007"

Maybe I will have a projector and a 360 by then  :o

Se7en

« Reply #4 on: 13 Aug 2006, 11:31 pm »
"Will Wright has said in interviews with GameSpot and IGN that they were aiming for the second half of 2007"

Maybe I will have a projector and a 360 by then  :o

I strongly suspect that this will be a PC only title (at least at launch). Hopefully they will be able to work out a console controller friendly interface. Nothing would be worse than trying to play that with a clunky interface (the same as black & white or any other RTS for that matter).

Once it does ship for 360, you might want to pick some extra bulbs for that projector   :o A typical game might last more than 3000 hours!  :lol:

Just my .02

-Gabe

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2006, 03:23 am »
Yeah you're right - there will be some pretty fancy technology which may take a while to migrate.

Maybe I'll have an HTPC and a projector...

Se7en

« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2006, 05:10 am »
Yeah you're right - there will be some pretty fancy technology which may take a while to migrate.

Maybe I'll have an HTPC and a projector...

HTPC + Projector... that sounds like the ticket  :thumb: Run media center and it shoud talk to your 360 too.  8)

All we need now is someone to jump inside one of those 360s and start making mods for it :idea:

:o