Hello from Atlanta

bgbkt

Hello from Atlanta
« on: 12 Dec 2018, 04:52 pm »
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around Audio Circle for quiet some time and have learned lots of new things. Great community!

I'm looking to upgrade my 2.1 HT/Music system which consist of pair of Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 and single Rythmik E15 sub. My countless research has led me to Salk Song3-A or other similar offering from Salk. Although I haven't finalized on it I'm heavily leaning toward it. I'm going to continue my research and will be asking specific question in salk or other speaker thread but just first wanted to say quick hello to everyone :)

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
Re: Hello from Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: 13 Dec 2018, 01:29 am »
Charlie in Savannah here... welcome to the forum!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2018, 12:19 am »
Welcome Bgbkt :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2018, 12:49 am »
Welcome!

ngamountains

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2018, 01:48 am »
Also in Atlanta, far north suburbs.  Welcome.

bgbkt

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2018, 04:07 am »
Thanks for warm welcome  :D

@ngamountains - I'm in north suburbs too.

bluemeanies

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2018, 09:57 am »
A BIG welcome!

bluemeanies

« Reply #7 on: 14 Dec 2018, 10:12 am »
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around Audio Circle for quiet some time and have learned lots of new things. Great community!

I'm looking to upgrade my 2.1 HT/Music system which consist of pair of Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 and single Rythmik E15 sub. My countless research has led me to Salk Song3-A or other similar offering from Salk. Although I haven't finalized on it I'm heavily leaning toward it. I'm going to continue my research and will be asking specific question in salk or other speaker thread but just first wanted to say quick hello to everyone :)

You can't go wrong with SALK speakers...no I don't own them but I have seen them in action at a FEW audio shows and spoke to the owner Jim Salk. It fascinates me as to what he and his company hear in a speaker that I do not. He had a prototype at the Washington audiofest show in Rockville MD.
I was looking to buy speaking and was impress with the prototype...very interested to the point of wanting a pair. But Jim said they were not ready yet AND added that they may never see the light of day on the market.
What? They sound great.
But Jim said not so. Thank you but it's not ready
Jim was very nice, interesting, and easy to talk to.
If SALK is the speaker your interested in and have ANY questions take the time to call.
If I ever am interested in another pair of speakers SALK is definitely where I would hang my hat.
I don't think new speakers are in the forecast for me unless I want to be buried with them...so said the Mrs! 😂
I forget the equipment used to drive the Salks but I am pretty sure there was no sub...but I could be wrong. I myself do not use a sub for 2channel. That said it is choices..everyone is different.
Another thing I remember is the cable..it was huge! Bonded thick cable.
Good luck in your journey and don't forget two things.
It's what you hear that matters.
Second..have FUN.

bluemeanies

toocool4

« Reply #8 on: 14 Dec 2018, 11:32 am »
Welcome to AudioCircle bgbkt

rockadanny

« Reply #9 on: 14 Dec 2018, 01:54 pm »
Welcome bgbkt from the ATL!
I'm nearby in the MAR.