WTB : CD : Melody Gardot - some lessons

Will2

WTB : CD : Melody Gardot - some lessons
« on: 10 May 2020, 09:34 pm »
Hi all.

I know this is a long shot ........ but I just came across an album and I'd love to either download it or buy a CD but I can't find it anywhere.  It's Melody Gardot - some lessons.  Was self-released in 2005.

If anyone has one they are willing to pass on to a fellow enthusiast, please let me know.

Thanks,
Will

Phil A

Re: WTB : CD : Melody Gardot - some lessons
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2020, 09:47 pm »
You can also try discogs.com

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Will2

« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2020, 10:49 pm »
Thanks for the pointers.  The cheapest on those sites is $44.  one of the sites gives a nice price history - median $29, highest $40 and there was a sale on eBay recently for $10.  I’m hoping for something a bit more affordable than $44 will come up.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2020, 10:59 pm »
Kraftwerk Minimum Maximum SACD was quoted at $3000.

Will2

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2020, 11:05 pm »
Kraftwek Minimum Maximum SACD was quoted at $3000.

Typical - just my luck that the one CD I come across seems to be some form of collectors item!

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2020, 11:24 pm »
Thanks for the pointers.  The cheapest on those sites is $44.  one of the sites gives a nice price history - median $29, highest $40 and there was a sale on eBay recently for $10.  I’m hoping for something a bit more affordable than $44 will come up.

I understand (and don't blame you).  Being in more due to the pandemic, I bought a couple of (used) CDs at reasonable prices at discogs.  I got Worrisome Heart by Melody Gardot when it first came into stores and right before it took off and saw her live at the Birchmere (in Alexandra, VA), which is a wonderful venue.  Phil Roy opened for her.  Before she made it, she used to open for in in the Philadelphia area.  There are also articles like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjAdwy7kSE  and one can listen to it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjAdwy7kSE  The rules of the music industry and copyright law dictate the legalities of things.  I wish artists would put these things on their websites so one could download the music for an appropriate fee.  After I bought a CD from one of the artists on discogs, I found a couple of more albums brand new on Amazon that the former producer and group bassist was selling brand new at reasonable prices.  Perhaps contact Melody via email or facebook or whatever and ask if she could sell you a copy.  I'd buy one too.  I know a friend of mine wanted a CD by an artist that he liked and he contacted her and she sent him 24/96 files for free.