model questions from a shopper

rbbert

Re: model questions from a shopper
« Reply #20 on: 4 Sep 2013, 01:56 pm »
I'm also curious about Daedalus, although more in the Argos/Ulysses arena.  The Web page isn't as helpful as I'd like; are the speakers only factory direct, or are there dealers?  Set up for bi-wiring (I should have paid more attention at shows, but I was mostly listening)?  TIA.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 4 Sep 2013, 03:29 pm »
I'm also curious about Daedalus, although more in the Argos/Ulysses arena.  The Web page isn't as helpful as I'd like; are the speakers only factory direct, or are there dealers?  Set up for bi-wiring (I should have paid more attention at shows, but I was mostly listening)?  TIA.

I am always looking for input on the web page, will get a note there about bi-wiring asap.
 None of our models have bi-wiring capability and with the fairly high sensitivity as well as near flat impedance there really doesn't seem to be a need for that.
All sale are factory direct and the pricing reflects that with no dealer margin added to the top. there are a couple of 'in home' dealers that will audition the speakers but the sale etc is done direct.
I try to spend as much time as needed on the phone etc with each owner to be sure they are getting the right speaker.
Thanks,
Lou

shahed

« Reply #22 on: 4 Sep 2013, 06:06 pm »

Well my listening area is in a section of my finished basement so room dimensions are not so absolute.

Basically my system is set up in an area that is about 14' wide X 25' long. My speakers are set along the 14'width of the room. As your looking at the system, there's a wall to the right of the right speaker (about 2' away) running the 25' length of the room. Just to the left of the left speaker the room opens up into another finished section of the basement.

Heck with careful room treatment and placement, you can even have Daedalus Ulysses singing in that space. I've mine setup in a 13.5' W x 22' L room. Albeit, I've used GIK room treatment monster bass trap, tri-trap all that and herbies footers.

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #23 on: 5 Sep 2013, 12:23 am »
I have Ulysses in my 12' X 23' room.  Here's a pic. . .they sound fantastic.

rbbert

« Reply #24 on: 5 Sep 2013, 12:38 am »
I also don't see any pricing information on the website?

minotaur

« Reply #25 on: 5 Sep 2013, 01:03 am »
You can email Lou for a price list.

rbbert

« Reply #26 on: 5 Sep 2013, 02:53 am »
You can email Lou for a price list.

I'm sure that's true, and helpful for members here, but if you are a manufacturer direct sales only company, it has to be helpful to have a little more information on your website.  I have an idea of the cost of his various models from shows and being around here for a few years, but otherwise ...

Beatlebum

« Reply #27 on: 5 Sep 2013, 02:37 pm »
This is probably a dumb question but here goes anyway.

How do you know if you need room treatments? I see the pics of your systems that often show wall/corner treatments and I'm wondering what you heard that made you decide to put a bass trap in the corner or a wall panel.

nature boy

« Reply #28 on: 5 Sep 2013, 02:46 pm »

How do you know if you need room treatments? I see the pics of your systems that often show wall/corner treatments and I'm wondering what you heard that made you decide to put a bass trap in the corner or a wall panel.

Start by clapping your hands loudly at different locations in the room.  If you hear a lot of "slap echos" you likely need room treatments. 

NB

shahed

« Reply #29 on: 5 Sep 2013, 03:08 pm »

It's extremely unlikely that a listening space won't need room treatment. There are few room analyzer software to take frequency swipes of your room at your sitting location and gauge how bad it is. There are professionals that can help you with it. I started with sending my room dimension/sketch to Bryan at GIK Acoustics.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 5 Sep 2013, 09:13 pm »
I'm sure that's true, and helpful for members here, but if you are a manufacturer direct sales only company, it has to be helpful to have a little more information on your website.  I have an idea of the cost of his various models from shows and being around here for a few years, but otherwise ...
thanks for the comment. we added a note on the contact page, re: email for current pricing.
there are many reasons not to post the prices on the web....

thanks,
Lou