Jean’s Von Schweikert VR10-MKII-system incl. VAC Signature 200 IQ mono amps.

gammajo

Re: Jean’s Von Schweikert VR10-MKII-system + Trinnov Altitude32
« Reply #40 on: 28 Nov 2015, 09:55 pm »
Our systems are similar -= I also have the Oppo105  :lol: Congratulations on such a beautiful system

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #41 on: 29 Nov 2015, 02:25 pm »
I visited Jean recently,

Jean's system is beautiful balanced now.

Very relaxing.

Enjoy the music Jean.

All the best,

Cor

Hi Cor,

Thank you for your compliments. It was great to have you over at ‘The Mansion’.

Once again thank you very much for your service, dedication, patience and persistence in having my power amplifiers getting repaired, although it was a tough job for you to obtain a new class-D power module.

Without you the system could never have sounded so balanced as now.

Best regards,

Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #42 on: 29 Nov 2015, 02:27 pm »
Our systems are similar -= I also have the Oppo105  :lol: Congratulations on such a beautiful system
:D

Thank you very much! As you also own Von Schweikert speakers your system should sound great! :)

Best regards,

Jan 

gammajo

« Reply #43 on: 29 Nov 2015, 09:59 pm »
Jean - to my ears The VSA Aktives took my system to a wonderful level of realism. I would love to hear the music that emerges out of your fabulous setup.

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #44 on: 29 Apr 2018, 02:23 pm »
Hi all,
It is a long time ago that I posted something in this topic. Still enjoying my VS VR-10. Still on the quest for new power amplifiers. I will visit the Highend in Munich within two weeks and reserved a lot of time to listen to the Von Schweikert with VAC amplifier setup 😊.
Best regards,  Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
« Reply #45 on: 10 Aug 2018, 05:14 pm »
One of my goals to visit the High-End Munich was to meet Damon and the experience how the VR11's would perform while driven by the VAC Statement 450 IQ's. As this was all a great succes, it was made possible to have the VAC Signature 200 IQ's in my own home situation for about 3 weeks.

I can only confirm that these amplifiers are a beautiful match with my Von Schweikerts. Next monday this will go back. Still some brands to experience, but for now these are on the top of my list as possible replacements for my current amplifiers.

Best regards, Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Dear Fellow VSA-enthusiasts,

After a period of almost two years of experiencing the impact of various amplifier types and brands in my system, I recently became the proud owner of a pair of brand-new power amplifiers to drive the maintowers of my Von Schweikert VR10 MK2 system.

After evaluating (including rigorous testing in my own set-up) types like: Soulution 501’s, Nagra HD’s, Mod-Wright KWA 150 SE’s, TAD m600’s, Goldmund 1000+’s, CH-precision A1’s and the Alieno vacuum tube amplifier, eventually the VAC Signature 200 IQ mono’s appeared to be the best match with my system :D.

Last year at the High-End München I spoke with Damian von Schweikert and learnt that he is also owning a pair of Signature 200 IQ’s to drive his VR9’s, so in the end it is not a total surprise that the VAC amplifiers would eventually stay.

Currently the tubes of the VAC’s are still running in until they reach the recommended 200 hours and after that I will use all the features of my Trinnov Altitude32 to optimize the performance of my system even further. My previous power amplifiers (Parasound JC-1’s) are now driving the subtowers, already resulting in an even more controlled and faster (low)bass response.

Still a lot to experiment, measure, listen and enjoy, but I’m already very happy with these new amplifiers.
Herewith some first quick snapshots. When I have new/better pictures I will upload these in this topic.

Best regards, Jan

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Love the Spidey and TRex!

Thanks for sharing in on your experiences.

Best,
Anand.

SlushPuppy

Congrats on finding a happy amplifier match for your loudspeakers! I know how frustrating it can be. It took three amplifier changes to find the right combination for my speakers. Happy listening!

Holli82

VAC works for me too :thumb:

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Love the Spidey and TRex!

Thanks for sharing in on your experiences.

Best,
Anand.

Thank you Anand. I also like the spidey and Trex, especially as I received those from my wife as a gift. The rest of the set-up I had to pay myself :lol:

Best regards, Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Congrats on finding a happy amplifier match for your loudspeakers! I know how frustrating it can be. It took three amplifier changes to find the right combination for my speakers. Happy listening!

Thanks SlushPuppy,

It took me almost two years to find this best match. I tried several combinations and for me this was the best match (but still some kind of compromise).
The tubes are now at 200+ hours. Now some additional tweaking can start using the Trinnov Altitude.

Best regards, Jan

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion

VAC works for me too :thumb:

Very nice set-up Holli! Before making some stupid remarks, which components do I see on the picture? (I recognize of course Von Schweikert and VAC) :thumb:

Holli82

« Reply #53 on: 12 Apr 2019, 04:03 pm »
Very nice set-up Holli! Before making some stupid remarks, which components do I see on the picture? (I recognize of course Von Schweikert and VAC) :thumb:

Sorry for the delay.  Been offline for a few days. I'm mostly digital for my music but enjoy occasional analogue.  Too lazy to deal with vinyl everyday.

My system:

VAC Phi Beta 110 Integrated amplifier
Kaleidescape server for digital
Theta Gen VIII for D/A
Rega planar 10 for analogue
Von Schweikert VR-9 mk II
Analysis plus Oval 8 for cables/interconnects.

violetmachan

hi hollis
VSA mark 11`s still looking stunning in your dedicated room, not tempted to move the ultra 9`s....
noticed a new vinyl unit in the system,
must take the sound to a much higher level
any noticeable difference with the digital....was awesome when i visited

cheers
sam

Holli82

hi hollis
VSA mark 11`s still looking stunning in your dedicated room, not tempted to move the ultra 9`s....
noticed a new vinyl unit in the system,
must take the sound to a much higher level
any noticeable difference with the digital....was awesome when i visited

cheers
sam

Hi Sam

I'm really enjoying my system.  Since you visited I demolished the stage to allow the speakers  to move further into the room.  I also placed the amp and power supply on footers.    Those changes have really improved the sound.  The vinyl setup gets some occasional work but I'm lazy so still mostly listening to digital.

Rodney

busterfree

What are the round things on top of the Parasound amps?

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
What are the round things on top of the Parasound amps?

Those are the dampers that come with the Artesania aire audioracks. These are the so-called mk3 dampers. Still not decided if I also will buy two aire  racks for the Parasounds. The dampers are on the VACs in the meantime.

Best regards, Jan

violetmachan

Hi Rodney
System looks even  better with refurb with better speakers placement and the tweeters at the ear height
I am sure it sounds stunning.....was stunning even when I visited
Here I am still very happy with my mark2’s
Still to decide on medium prized tt ....strange the phono stage has been ideal for 2 years.....hope to cleanup by summer

Jean Sibelius

• The Confidence Mansion
Herewith some new and better pictures of the system. Currently tweaking the system using the possibilities of the Trinnov and Roon.

Best regards, Jan

Front view of the set-up

Side view of the set-up

Close-up of the set-up