Surround channels for SuperCharged SongTowers?

kingcrowing

Surround channels for SuperCharged SongTowers?
« on: 9 May 2023, 02:05 pm »
Hello, last year I got a pair of Supercharged SongTowers along with a Supercharged SongCenter and F12 sub all in beautiful Koa wood, and I totally love the setup. 2.1 for music, and 3.1 for Movies/PS5, they're insanely good.

I think now I would like to add two rear surround channels for Blu Rays and PS5. In a perfect world I would get the supercharged songsurrounds in Koa, but that's likely to be around $4,500 which I think is a bit too much given how much I'll be able to appreciate them (as it is I often need to keep it at a reasonable volume and I have no surround sound music, mainly vinyl). In addition they're quite large and I'll need to either wall mount or put on a small wall mounted shelf.

So I'm wondering if there's a more cost effective option that will match fairly well with the RAAL/SEAS setup I've got. I'm thinking Ascend Acoustics may be worth trying out? They have both the Sierra 2EX ($1648, Custom RAAL, 6" SEAS) and the Luna V2 ($1248, Custom RAAL, 4.5" SEAS).

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Surround channels for SuperCharged SongTowers?
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2023, 04:59 pm »
If response below 70 Hz isn't important to you and you would like to save a lot of money, you might check out a certain crossover designer's web page in a few days. 

kingcrowing

Re: Surround channels for SuperCharged SongTowers?
« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2023, 06:11 pm »
I x-over at 80Hz, and have one of Jim's F12 subs... so that may be just what I need, thank you for the heads up and I've just bookmarked your page  8)