A must try free demo!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: A must try free demo!
« Reply #80 on: 16 Jan 2010, 08:58 pm »
Yesterday, my Aussie Bandit & I took a trip to neighboring NY and saw my buddy Bill@LakeGeorge so he could demo my tricked out UberBuss in his awesome system. Bill has an HT/music system comprised of Salk HT-3 & HTC center, Revel 15A sub, Antham D2v processor, D-Sonic Magnum 2000 Ice amp, Oppo BDP-83 player,  Art Audio modded SB-3 and a modified BPT balanced power conditioner. Bill's been listening to me run my mouth about the attributes of the MajikBuss & UberBuss for quite some time but Laura's (Vinyl_Lady) latest enthusiastic post (with my name mentioned) finally pushed him over the edge and of the fence.  :lol:

Well it's been some time since I last heard his system but it's always been a memorable experience in the past so I can only go by Bill's insights here. We plugged my UberBuss in front of his balanced power conditioner and it wasn't but 1 song when Bill remarked he was definitely hearing clarity gains that he hadn't expected possible in his already pristine audio. I personally felt that there was more sound stage depth that I had remembered his system ever having,,, it was a very intoxicating afternoon.  :drool:

Bill also has a pretty nice Sony rear projection tv that I had always liked along with a Sony SXRD wall mounted projector that I'd die to own. :drool: :drool:  As I waas getting ready to leave, Bill flipped on the Sony projection TV and what do ya know, Lady Gaga was performing on Oprah in HD. Well I was blown away from that picture. It's always been a good picture and Bill's new Antham does upconvert all video to 1080p but even Bill said that years old Sony had never ever looked that sharp & vivid, absoluely no grain.  :o 

That in a nutshell sealed the deal, Danny's sold another one of Dave's Buss's!!!  :beer: 

Cheers,
Robin

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #81 on: 17 Jan 2010, 12:58 am »
whew

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #82 on: 17 Jan 2010, 01:07 am »
Robin, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support and the fact that you are a great resource for me AND potential owners.  You ROCK!!!

Jason has been a great resource and friend, too. He is doing some beta testing for me on a possible new product for addressing the noise from power supplies for hard drives, computers and the like.  I appreciate all of the feedback that I have gotten from you, Jason and everyone else.  I use it to make better products.  Thank you.

I encourage anyone to email me at dgelledges@msn.com or send me a PM at any time, about anything.  I love audio and the relationships that this wacky obsession brings.

Laura is very cool and a Christian Sister.  We had a couple of good email conversations.  This forum has brought a lot of great people into my life and I thank Danny for making it happen.

Life is good... except the Cardinals just got the snot kicked out of them by my second favorite team... I'm good........

I love this place...

8)

Dave
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2010, 09:55 pm by dBe »

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #83 on: 17 Jan 2010, 02:04 am »
 :)

jimdgoulding

« Reply #84 on: 17 Jan 2010, 02:21 am »
Question for you guys.  Can the Uber do the deal as a stand alone?  I see it in use with a power conditioner in Robin's system.  Is that because it is passive, if it is passive?  If a person were to use it alone, what would the contribution of a power conditioner add, or subtract, if it were taken out?  The reason I am asking is because a) I don't know the first thing about what is going on even tho I bought a power conditioner after having Lance's smallest Shunyata in my system and heard good things, and b) I'm trying to improve the sound of what I have, of course.  Thanks.

Other question.  I have active speakers so I don't use speaker cables, just IC's.  The speakers (their amps) can plug into either one or two wall outlets or my conditioner using filtered or unfiltered outlets.  What would be the best application of Bybee's and which of the lesser expensive ones would you recommend.  Thanks.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: 17 Jan 2010, 02:28 am »
Question for you guys.  Can the Uber do the deal as a stand alone?  I see it in use with a power conditioner in Robin's system.  Is that because it is passive, if it is passive?  If a person were to use it alone, what would the contribution of a power conditioner add, or subtract, if it were taken out?  The reason I am asking is because a) I don't know the first thing about what is going on even tho I bought a power conditioner after having Lance's smallest Shunyata in my system and heard good things, and b) I'm trying to improve the sound of what I have, of course.  Thanks.

Other question.  I have active speakers so I don't use speaker cables, just IC's.  The speakers (their amps) can plug into either one or two wall outlets or my conditioner using filtered or unfiltered outlets.  What would be the best application of Bybee's and which of the lesser expensive ones would you recommend.  Thanks.

Personally, I would get an Uber and plug your Shunyata into it.  As for using it as a stand alone, yes you can but you'll benefit from some conditioning as well.  Again, my opinion, no need for Bybee's. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #86 on: 17 Jan 2010, 03:03 am »
BTW-the Uber is second to Acoustic Treatments in the "bang for buck" category.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #87 on: 17 Jan 2010, 03:05 am »
Jim,

Order either the UberBUSS or MajikBUSS (not sure which one would be the best for your system) per Danny's Demo Offer and plug it in and listen. :green: I'm betting you won't send it back and you will have happier ears :singing: :dance: and you'll put a smile on our faces because we'll understand and be happy for you. :thumb:

Laura

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #88 on: 17 Jan 2010, 03:08 am »
Jim,

Order the MajikBUSS per Danny's Demo Offer and plug it in and listen. :green: I'm betting you won't send it back and you will have happier ears :singing: :dance: and you'll put a smile on our faces because we'll understand and be happy for you. :thumb:

Laura

Yes, unless you can afford the Uber.  Then don't look at the Majik...IMO of course.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #89 on: 17 Jan 2010, 03:44 am »
Yes, unless you can afford the Uber.  Then don't look at the Majik...IMO of course.

Makes since to me :thumb:

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #90 on: 17 Jan 2010, 09:55 pm »
Well just to go on record I just ponied up for a Uber with gold Furutech's all around.

Thanks to Robin and all for turning me on to this.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #91 on: 17 Jan 2010, 09:57 pm »
Well just to go on record I just ponied up for a Uber with gold Furutech's all around.

Great!  Be sure to report back with your results...I know that you've had Robins but with some more time, I'll be interested in your thoughts.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #92 on: 17 Jan 2010, 10:01 pm »

I'm curious to hear what the UberBuss does for your Sony SXRD projector Bill.  :hyper:

Philistine

« Reply #93 on: 5 Feb 2010, 12:34 am »
A question for Dave, and anyone else who can advise.

At the end of last year Danny sent me a Majik Buss to demo, the purchase was put on hold until my system stabilized and the time is right to move forwards with conditioning.  I now have the following set up:

Two duplex outlets that are 12ft apart.
Outlet 1 has a Modwright Transporter and Modwright KWA150 amp.
Outlet 2 has a Modwrigyt 36.5 linestage and Modwright KWA150 amp.
To supply all the gear I'm using, and need to use, 6ft power cords.

I'm looking for the optimum approach to condition these.
Thanks in advance.

Phil

Danny Richie

« Reply #94 on: 5 Feb 2010, 12:51 am »
So, you need two really good power cables each feeding a Majik Buss. Then you have 4 more receptacles open for other things. Plus, you will no longer have to use 6 foot long power cables on everything.

Do you need me to make you a real honey of a deal on that?

Philistine

« Reply #95 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:08 am »
So, you need two really good power cables each feeding a Majik Buss. Then you have 4 more receptacles open for other things. Plus, you will no longer have to use 6 foot long power cables on everything.

Do you need me to make you a real honey of a deal on that?

As always Danny, my credit card is in your hands :rotflmao:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #96 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:10 am »

You won't be disappointed Phil.

Spring for the dual UberBUSS setup if you can swing it.

The Kaplan Cable power cords work very nicely on the MajikBUSS or UberBUSS.

George

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #97 on: 5 Feb 2010, 01:46 am »
A question for Dave, and anyone else who can advise.

At the end of last year Danny sent me a Majik Buss to demo, the purchase was put on hold until my system stabilized and the time is right to move forwards with conditioning.  I now have the following set up:

Two duplex outlets that are 12ft apart.
Outlet 1 has a Modwright Transporter and Modwright KWA150 amp.
Outlet 2 has a Modwrigyt 36.5 linestage and Modwright KWA150 amp.
To supply all the gear I'm using, and need to use, 6ft power cords.

I'm looking for the optimum approach to condition these.
Thanks in advance.

Phil

Hi Phil, if your 2 outlets (20A?) are on the same circuit, I'd suggest 1 outlet/1 power cord to a UberBuss, then run your 4 power cords to the UberBuss. I am doing this with my whole A/V system and couldn't be happier with both the audio and the video. I really don't think you need to go buying a bunch of new power cords, use what you got. Knowing you Phil, they're probably already topnotch PC's.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #98 on: 5 Feb 2010, 02:08 am »
I'm not sure what you went for, but I would do an Uber at least.

I am very seriously considering discontinuing the MajikBUSS since 75% of my sales are Ubers.  I am thinking of replacing the MajikBUSS with a SubBUSS... a unit dedicated to power amps with the same EMI/RFI unit as a Majik, but the PFC network from the Uber.  It will be a better performer all around and sell for $695.00.  It would fit in a Majik enclosure.

I have been doing a lot of research and listening and I think this is the way to go.  High current devices like amps like the more robust PFC that the Uber provides.  Digital sources like the enhanced EMI/RFI treatment that the Uber provides.

What did you go with, BTW?

Dave

Philistine

« Reply #99 on: 5 Feb 2010, 02:35 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone - I'll give Danny a call and review my options.