Our new R2X box is now available.

avahifi

Our new R2X box is now available.
« on: 1 Nov 2021, 08:57 pm »
This little gem allows use of our new balanced mono amplifiers with any singe ended output stereo preamplifier that has RCA connections only.

Of course it will work with any other balanced pair of mono amps with XLR inputs of any brand too.

Has left and right RCA stereo inputs and left and right stereo XLR outputs. It is a very sophisticated device with active balanced outputs of equal unity gain and output impedance but with phase flipped on one of the two active channels of each XLR connection.

Has internal ground switching capability to match nearly any XLR grounding scheme.

I will post photos as soon as we have them. I will get it up on our web site then too.

Matches faceplate of our new M225 mono amps.  Gives away nothing musicality.  My reference system can’t tell the R2X is in use.

Note that this an RCA to XLR converter only.  It is not an XLR to RCA converter. Can’t work both ways. 

Only one needed for a pair of mono amplifiers.

Price, $299.00.

Regards, Frank Van Alstine.  651-330-9871

trebejo

Re: Our new R2X box is now available.
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2021, 11:31 pm »
Thank you Frank! The AVA preamps can now talk to the AVA monoblocks, and interconnects from preamp to amp can go longer too.  :dance:

Just to get a little sub-topic summed up and out of the way--can this device also be used to bridge some (not all) stereo amps and turn them into monoblocks? There would be a tiny bit of creative wiring involved (for each channel, a cable with an XLR plug on one end, and a pair of RCA plugs on the other end). In the current AVA line up, I know that the 600R can be bridged. I also read here that the SET120 cannot be bridged, but I don't know if the plain vanilla SET400 can be bridged.