I broke down and bought those Superbit Discs...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
I broke down and bought those Superbit Discs...
« on: 25 Aug 2003, 05:53 am »
I ended up getting Starship Troopers & The One over this last week; I really hated to in a way, as I've now bought ST 3 times  :x , but I have to say I'm really impressed, and the SB versions are batting a thousand with me.  The SB version basically kills my regular edition, but I hated to part with the original due to some really good supplemental material.  Usually I don't even look at the extras, but ST has some deleted scenes and other cool stuff.  I debated on whether or not to keep em both, but decided to sell the old ones at the used store.

The sound really isn't anything special; I didn't A/B vs the original, but the DTS track on the SB Starship Troopers is nothing to write home about.  The picture, on the other hand, is amazing, just drop dead gorgeous.  Much better than the original.

I haven't had the chance to watch "The One" SB yet.  This is another rare disc where the original has some excellent additional material that is omitted on the SB version :evil: - at the price they get for SB discs they should all be "SB Delux."