Using DEQX-p in tri-amp mode and adding a sub

gonefishin

« on: 14 Oct 2005, 09:56 pm »
Hi guys,

I've searched the DEQX group for answers...but the search function and structure made it hard for me to find my answer.  So I figured I'd ask here first (as I'm leaving to see Manyard Ferguson in a few minutes) :)

I have a tri-amped DEQX-p system that I want to add IB subwoofers to using a Behringer DSP1124P.  

Is this possible...or how do I accomplish adding a sub to the existing tri-amp DEQX system?

thanks,

dan

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2005, 10:11 pm »
There is a couple ways to do it.  I plan to add a sub to a triamp system and in my case the low pass from the DEQX will go to a Behringer DCX to split the woofers from the sub.   Another DEQX user used Y-connectors on the low pass outputs so that he could run one set of cables to his woofer amp and another set to his DCX (your unit would work too) that crossed and eq'd his sub.

Certainly cheaper than buying another DEQX.  I am not sure FIR vs. IIR will matter in the bass region, so no need really to go with the super solution.  It will complicate the setup a bit though.  You are going to need to figure out the phase and time offset for the woofer and subs indepently of setting up the DEQX xo's, because to the DEQX the lower section will look as just one pair of woofers and it will treat it as such.

I am in on the DCX group buy on diyaudio.com for this reason.  I plan to add my Avalanche 15" in a sealed box for helping out below ~50hz.  That will take some stress off the dipole woofers.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2005, 11:19 pm »
The DSP, is that the FBD?  Can you program a low pass filter into it?  I know you can do EQ.  What about a Linkwitz Transform?

gonefishin

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2005, 01:46 am »
hi Josh,

thanks for the response. I was planninng on using my behringer active.  

dan