ATS acoustic diffusor

drummermitchell

ATS acoustic diffusor
« on: 7 Feb 2013, 10:27 pm »
Anyone familiar with ATS,stumbled onto them yesterday.
They have a diffusor(7 root)unfinished in white birch,size is close to 24X48 and 6"depth.
The pricing looks real good:

Big Red Machine

Re: ATS acoustic diffusor
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2013, 11:13 pm »
Nice looking.  But to me they are pretty pricey.  And I mean that from the perspective of how little you can spend to DIY your own.  If you have no capability or skill in that area, then, sure, they look pretty sexy.  A ceiling or wall full of those would be mighty impressive.  I hope someone here has tried them as well.

drummermitchell

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2013, 12:54 am »
Big R,price is only 279.95 each U.S.price seems very fair.
I'm more of a eye ball it construction type of guy,so buying is better for me.
As far as staining them or painting that's what I do I paint houses, stain exotic wood hand rails,staircases ect.
Gik has them,just a bit smaller size and finished in a clearcoat I believe at 349.00 each.
For two I would save incl shipping around 200.00 with ATS.

I have done great with GIK but looking at 4-6 diffusors I would save about 600.00 with ATS.
thats why I'm hoping someone has used or seen their diffusors as build quality is important.

gold

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2013, 02:15 pm »
You can't go wrong with ATS.  I have them in a couple of listening rooms. 

drummermitchell

« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2013, 02:32 pm »
Gold I see you have a few panels,by chance you have the diffusers also.
If so how's the build quality ect,thx.

gold

« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2013, 04:03 pm »
Not yet...   Just the acoustic panels.   

drummermitchell

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2013, 03:10 am »
We'll I took a chance and ordered the above diffusors and they should be here tomorrow as last stop they were in Winnipeg Sask.
The price was right and shipping and I can stain these to match the room as they come unfinished in white birch,So here's a hoping.

gold

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2013, 04:18 am »
Send some pics as well as comments...

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2013, 04:30 am »
Most definately,I probably won't stain tell spring as will be using oil stain,unless I can use one of my Buddy's shop.
I did experiment with some diffusors made out of EPS(styrofoam)and I liked what they did and it didn't smear the stage.
Everything opened up
Have read that painting EPS with a latex paint makes them sound better,which I believe it would seal the surface so more diffusion I would think.
I have played percussion for years and I 'm thinking wood diffusors would sound better than EPS or cardstock diffusors.
Take a wood,metal,acrylic,brass,snare drum they all have a totally different sound,I'm thinking with sound arriving at the diffusors that the material used will have some effect on the sound,perhaps not much but I'm sure some.
Anyway looking forward.