Audosciencereview Selah thread

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: Audosciencereview Selah thread
« Reply #20 on: 11 Feb 2020, 10:51 am »
Not only is that wrong, there is a direct correlation to his work (speaker and electronic measurements) and what is audible whether you choose to learn about it or not.

Jason you really need to put the tube connectors in your M2s. Who cares if it voids your warranty? You'll have a better CSD plot and deeper soundstage.  :wink:

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2020, 11:05 am »
I take the whole speaker scoring system with a grain of salt and I think most members of ASR would agree. But I don't think it'd be wise to throw out the whole suite of measurements that are taken with the Klippel NFS. Overall this is a positive for prospective speaker customers since most manufacturers provide little, if any, data. Obviously Selah Audio provides way more data than most manufacturers in this regard. Amir moves pretty fast with his tests but it would be nice if there was a dialogue with the designer/manufacturer prior to posting. If only to help clear the air so there aren't incorrect assumptions or conclusions.

+1

RonN5

« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2020, 12:58 pm »
So far, gear that measures well is not a guarantee that it will make you happy (in your home...in your system) but I suspect that if you really like the sound of your system... take some measurements... and find a few inadequacies, you are likely to become unhappy and feel the need to make changes.

Moral (for some of us)...maybe it’s leave well enough alone???

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #23 on: 11 Feb 2020, 01:05 pm »
The truth is that most audiophiles are trophy hunters who use their eyes more than their ears and prefer being entertained versus the audio truth.