Thank you from Triode Wire Labs!

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Thank you from Triode Wire Labs!
« on: 16 Jul 2016, 01:58 pm »
Hey Lou,
It was a pleasure to team-up with you at Capital AudioFest 2016! We made some impressive sound in Room 323! Your Athena V2 loudspeakers are very impressive, built like a "brick sh!thouse" and have very coherent playback!

Your DiD's made an impressive improvement as well. I couldn't believe the improvement when placing them under the BorderPatrol DAC's. Well done!

With both of us managing two different rooms, it was difficult to cover the rooms but we survived!

Cheers,
Pete

vinyl_lady

Re: Thank you from Triode Wire Labs!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2016, 02:02 pm »
Wish I could have been there.

Are those DiDs under the speaker spikes?

Laura

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2016, 02:37 pm »

Laura

Im guessing "no." Lou had stated in a previous thread that he does not recommend the DIDs for speakers --components only... Might they be a prototype speaker isolation device? There could still be another material hidden in with the aluminum?

Jason

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2016, 07:49 pm »

Laura

No, Laura.  Those are some new footers that Lou is experimenting with under the Athena's spikes.  It's not a product yet.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm »
Thanks Jason and Scott.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2016, 04:10 pm »
It was a real pleasure showing with Pete and Gary!!! Thanks much!!!!

btw , the footers are prototypes and I am not sure if we will bring them to market.

They improve clarity and soundstage, (except on plush carpet), but the retail would have to be about $600 a set (8) and I think that may be a limited market?
 For those who have hard floors and need something under the spikes that will improve and not kill the sound these are perfect, plus they do work well on commercial style carpet... I'm open to thoughts on this.