McGruff The Crime Dog Actor Sentenced To 16 Years For Pot, Grenade Launcher

andy_c

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
I get the pot plants but I was pretty sure that grenade launchers were legal in Texas....

D.D.

YoungDave

It always gets me how they list a bunch of guns and ammunition, as if that was a crime.  Hell, 9,000 rounds of ammo isn't much at all.  I shoot 20,000 rounds a year as a casual competitor.  And I'm not even a Texan.  But they write this up as if this fellow was a one-man army or something, in addition to being a major pothead.

Cannot ignore the irony, though.  The actor that portrays the national law & order mascot is a drug criminal... :roll:

andy_c

It always gets me how they list a bunch of guns and ammunition, as if that was a crime.  Hell, 9,000 rounds of ammo isn't much at all.  I shoot 20,000 rounds a year as a casual competitor.  And I'm not even a Texan.  But they write this up as if this fellow was a one-man army or something, in addition to being a major pothead.

Cannot ignore the irony, though.  The actor that portrays the national law & order mascot is a drug criminal... :roll:

I hear you.  The reporting was not good at all.  Who cares how many rounds of ammo he had?  But I assume grenade launchers are illegal.  Was the grenade launcher the only illegal firearm?  Or was the sentence mostly due to the large number of plants? But still, I couldn't stop laughing about the whole McGruff angle.

Nick77

16 years, seems a little extreme. Its legal in some states now.  :scratch:

Scott F.

I agree completely. Heck, we've burned through 3000-4000 rounds in an afternoon between four of us just plinking. It's the typical fear mongering tactic that is so prevalent in the media today. The grenade launcher isn't a big deal either. It's just an accessory that looks cool for one of his black rifles (assuming it is rifle mounted). Now if they said he had cases of live grenades I'd be curious if he had his ATF Form 4  plus a few others in order. If he didn't, then I'd be concerned he nefarious intentions.

As for the pot plants, I really wish we would just legalize it. I don't smoke it though I used to back in the 70s. Just regulate it and use it as a revenue stream. As a country we''d save untold amounts on prosecution and incarceration.

Got to love the irony of the story :thumb:

andy_c

Found this related pic that cracked me up.  :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Maybe he could get his case extradited to here in Colorado :D

MaxCast

Hate to kill another thread but...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=about;area=posting-guidelines
guns/weapons section   :roll:

dB Cooper

Hate to kill another thread but...