Axpona?

diofan56

Axpona?
« on: 21 Jan 2019, 10:07 pm »
Howdy Jim!

Are you going to be exhibiting at Axpona?  I just looked at their web site and Salk Sound is not on the exhibitor list.

jsalk

Re: Axpona?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2019, 04:35 pm »
Howdy Jim!

Are you going to be exhibiting at Axpona?  I just looked at their web site and Salk Sound is not on the exhibitor list.

We are not on the exhibitor list yet because others have registered for the rooms.  We will be showing in two rooms this year...one with Schiit Audio and one with McGary Audio.  Details to come as we get closer to the show.

- Jim

Kyhl

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2019, 07:51 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I was thinking of going to hear your speakers but gave up planning after not seeing Salk listed.  Now I might be back in.  Too bad, because I was checking the list daily in December, before the 1/1 admission price increase.

Do you know what equipment might be there?

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2019, 04:14 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I was thinking of going to hear your speakers but gave up planning after not seeing Salk listed.  Now I might be back in.  Too bad, because I was checking the list daily in December, before the 1/1 admission price increase.

Do you know what equipment might be there?

No final decisions have been made.  I know that we will be showing the Song3 BeAT's and may be introducing a new model as well.  Mike McGary will be introducing a new tube amp as well.  I don't know what Schiit will be showing.

- Jim

Kyhl

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2019, 01:49 pm »
Thanks for the update. 

Grbluen

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2019, 03:18 pm »
Will the new model be another Song3 variant?
Thx!

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2019, 03:43 pm »
Jim,

As you probably know, AntiCables will be teamed up with you in McGary Audio's room as well, and we don't appear in the AXPONA listing either. I think there might be a way for us to appear in the listing, and it might be as simple as asking Mike McGary to ask AXPONA to list us as being in his room.

I'll shoot Mike an email.

We did very well together at Capital AudioFest last fall, so looking forward to teaming up again in April.

Thanks!

: )

Paul Speltz

audio.bill

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2019, 06:59 pm »
Jim,

As you probably know, AntiCables will be teamed up with you in McGary Audio's room as well, and we don't appear in the AXPONA listing either. I think there might be a way for us to appear in the listing, and it might be as simple as asking Mike McGary to ask AXPONA to list us as being in his room.

I'll shoot Mike an email.

We did very well together at Capital AudioFest last fall, so looking forward to teaming up again in April.

Thanks!

Paul Speltz
Paul - If you check the AXPONA Exhibitor Resource Center http://www.axpona.com/exhibitorresourcecenter.asp and select your room type, it specifies: "March 1, 2019 - Exhibitor Profile / Partners / Brands / Product Categories - Deadline for this information to be printed." There is a contact given there who you provide the room's partners to so that they will be printed in the manual and online guide.
Be sure to note other deadlines specified for your specific room type on the appropriate page.

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2019, 07:23 pm »
Will the new model be another Song3 variant?
Thx!

Provided all works well (we'll know in the next week or two), we'll have a new model to introduce.  It will take features of the Song3 BeAT and combine them with features from the SS8's.  It will be an SS-class speaker.  But until we hear it, we won't know if it will be a successful design or not.  Wish us luck.

- Jim

Yomaha

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2019, 07:52 pm »
Awesome!  Good luck!

Paul Speltz

• Industry Participant
  • AntiCables
    • anticables.com
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2019, 08:00 pm »
audio.bill,

Thanks for the info.

I am teamed up in 5 rooms and 1 headphone booth this AXPONA, so I'll be sure to do what you mentioned when I am back in the office and get all my room numbers straight.

Paul Speltz of AntiCables

Grbluen

« Reply #11 on: 31 Jan 2019, 12:34 am »
Good luck with the new design!

JonnyFive

« Reply #12 on: 4 Feb 2019, 07:41 pm »
Provided all works well (we'll know in the next week or two), we'll have a new model to introduce.  It will take features of the Song3 BeAT and combine them with features from the SS8's.  It will be an SS-class speaker.  But until we hear it, we won't know if it will be a successful design or not.  Wish us luck.

- Jim

I have long been pestering Jim about this new design, so I hope it's a home run!  I'm ready to upgrade from my $50 NHT bookshelves. :)

Saturn94

« Reply #13 on: 6 Feb 2019, 02:00 am »
I’m looking forward to hearing the new model. 😃

EZsmoke

Salk speakers
« Reply #14 on: 6 Feb 2019, 09:16 pm »
Hoping to make it to Axpona to hear the Salk Sound.  These are beautiful speakers.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #15 on: 7 Feb 2019, 06:57 pm »

- Jim

Sounds promising. Will this model slot above or below the SS8? Or are you not ready to reveal anything?

jsalk

« Reply #16 on: 7 Feb 2019, 07:54 pm »
Sounds promising. Will this model slot above or below the SS8? Or are you not ready to reveal anything?

We took the best of the Song3 BeAT's, Song3 Encore's and the SS8's and combined them into this new design.  It will feature the BE tweeter and AT mid from the Song3 Beat's, the 9.5" Satori woofer from the Song3 Encores, dual side-firing passives and an open backed midrange from the SS8's.  And we took a slightly different approach to the basic cabinet design.

We finished assembly of the first pair yesterday and it measured very well.  We're conducting listening tests over the next few days and should have more information if we decide to put the design to bed.

If we consider the design finished, it will be priced about the same or slightly higher than the SS8's.

As for the SS8's, the woofers are now a discontinued item.  The manufacturer will still honor a special order for them, although in large quantities.  If this design meets our approval, we'll have to decide whether to maintain the SS8 design or discontinue it. 

- Jim

JonnyFive

« Reply #17 on: 7 Feb 2019, 08:40 pm »
We took the best of the Song3 BeAT's, Song3 Encore's and the SS8's and combined them into this new design.  It will feature the BE tweeter and AT mid from the Song3 Beat's, the 9.5" Satori woofer from the Song3 Encores, dual side-firing passives and an open backed midrange from the SS8's.  And we took a slightly different approach to the basic cabinet design.

We finished assembly of the first pair yesterday and it measured very well.  We're conducting listening tests over the next few days and should have more information if we decide to put the design to bed.

If we consider the design finished, it will be priced about the same or slightly higher than the SS8's.

As for the SS8's, the woofers are now a discontinued item.  The manufacturer will still honor a special order for them, although in large quantities.  If this design meets our approval, we'll have to decide whether to maintain the SS8 design or discontinue it. 

- Jim

Chamfered cabinet?? :) 

I'm surprised to hear about the open back design.  What was the deciding factor there?

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #18 on: 7 Feb 2019, 09:27 pm »

- Jim

Thanks for sharing, sounds impressive. Probably too big for my space, but good luck on the testing.