What new games have you bought lately?

mcrespo71

« Reply #20 on: 7 Apr 2004, 04:56 pm »
Theechosenone,

Have you taken the new splinter cell online yet?  I hear it's amazing!

Michael

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #21 on: 7 Apr 2004, 09:05 pm »
Mike,
The online portion of SCPT is indeed very good.  It is one of the best online experiences developed thus far.  The PC version of this game can be had for $29 with the current spate of sales--well worth the money.  ;)

Far Cry is also a an amazing game.

You can read up on all of the pro reviews here:

http://www.gamerankings.com/

mcrespo71

« Reply #22 on: 7 Apr 2004, 09:30 pm »
Thanks for the link.  I like gamerankings, as it gives the aggregate of all possible reviews.  Wow- Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow is 7th all time!  Pretty good, though I heard they dumbed down the single player mission because casual gamers thought it was too hard.  Those pussies at ubisoft!!!! :x

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 17 Jun 2004, 03:36 am »
I just bought "D&D Heroes" today- been wanting to get it since it came out as the reviews were very positive, but I'd never seen it under $50.  But being the cheapskate I am, I held out til I found it used for $15!  :lol:   Maybe I'll fire it up this evening & try it out.

mcrespo71

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jun 2004, 03:43 am »
The next game I buy will buy a $19 one.  Probably Project Gotham Racing 2.  I won't spend $50 on a game.

Michael

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 17 Jun 2004, 03:45 am »
I'm far too cheap to pay $50!  :o  :lol:   I of course have in the past, but I'd have to want something pretty damn bad to pay more than $35.  

Gotham 1 was pretty amazing, I bet GR 2 is really wicked.  You'll have to keep us posted.

bubba966

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jun 2004, 05:57 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I'm far too cheap to pay $50!

Guess you never owned a Neo Geo, huh? I had one 13 years ago. And the games were $150-$250 a shot. Ended up selling it after a year or two as I couldn't afford new games for the damn thing (was only 14 at the time).

Now I wish that I'd not sold it... :(

Anyway, I've not bought anything in a good while. Last thing I think I'd bought was Mario Kart DD. I didn't mind the $50 for that. Especially since I'd gotten used to paying a lot more for SNES games, and a few imports for various systems (N64, Saturn, etc.).

Bemopti123

PG racing 1 and 2 are absolutely different
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2004, 02:53 pm »
Rob, it you ever get to compare the two, you will brace yourself for a surprise.  Gotham Racing 1 has a sort of digital feel, with shadows and the like that feel artificial.  Gotham Racing 2, now, that has a layer of graphics and execution that is absolutely more lifelike.  It is also a hard game when it comes to competition against others, either humans and machine.  Well worth the money I paid for it, about $40.  Now, only if there were people or peatons on the sidewalks.  That would be interesting.

bob82274

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2004, 10:31 pm »
Bought Megaman Anniversery Edition for the Cube last week.  Megaman 1 through 8.  Very hard. Very fun.  The graphics arn't updated so its like you are playing on an old NES.  If you like those type games pick up this one and Viewtiful Joe.  You will be kept busy for a long time.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: PG racing 1 and 2 are absolutely different
« Reply #29 on: 1 Jul 2004, 11:09 pm »
Quote from: Bemopti123
 Now, only if there were people or peatons on the sidewalks.  That would be interesting.

Have you ever played Carmageddon (1, 2, or 3)?

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #30 on: 14 Jul 2004, 06:59 pm »
I have bought Project Gothom Racing 2 (used) and Counter Strike (used) and have bought a Counter Strike book to attempt to save some time. Yet I keep playing Ghost Recon...what is wrong with me....

I got these because they are Live enabled with some kind of scoreboard (that is fun for me).

Anyone play these games on the XBox?

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #31 on: 12 May 2005, 06:10 am »
Crimson Skies for XBox - a cool game flying some cartoon-like vintage aircraft. And you can play on Live! with your friends.

mcrespo71

« Reply #32 on: 24 Feb 2006, 05:21 am »
SSX on Tour
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Timesplitters Future Perfect

Thebiker

Re: What new games have you bought lately?
« Reply #33 on: 28 Jul 2006, 02:07 pm »
F.E.A.R.  for my PC.  Had to upgrade my video card (bought a GF 7800), but it was worth it.  Be afraid.  Surround sound gaming at night with this one is very spooky!

bubba966

« Reply #34 on: 28 Oct 2006, 10:00 pm »
Just picked up Ridge Racer 6 for the 360 at BB. Hope it's worth the $0.17 I paid for it... :lol:

Berndt

« Reply #35 on: 27 Dec 2006, 01:47 am »
Been playing Oblivion on my 360, only 360 game I have tried, until this weekend.
Metal gear has captivated my wife and I like the original Halo did. It has a gritty doom style engine and it keeps rolling very nicely.

bubba966

« Reply #36 on: 27 Dec 2006, 01:57 am »
Metal gear has captivated my wife and I like the original Halo did. It has a gritty doom style engine and it keeps rolling very nicely.

:scratch:

I thought Metal Gear was a Playstation francise and wasn't on anything else? I know I'm not as up on console gaming as I used to be though. Guess it's possible that the MG series was brought to other platforms...

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #37 on: 27 Dec 2006, 03:37 am »
This can't be the one you just got?

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/92/Metal-Gear-Solid-2-Substance/

Did you mean Gears of War?

Berndt

« Reply #38 on: 27 Dec 2006, 03:56 am »
gears of war, sorry :oops:

been reading about this series forever.

it's like doom on meth, just from what I hear the effects of doom are like... :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #39 on: 27 Dec 2006, 04:06 am »
Need for Speed "CARBON: Collector's Edition" for XBox360.

Nice. aa
Very nice.

Bob

p.s. "Over G" BLOWS! BAD. They should be ashamed of themselves for releasing that on a 360.  :nono:
Sixty "F"ing dollars for that.  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: