What new games have you bought lately?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: What new games have you bought lately?
« Reply #80 on: 21 Nov 2014, 02:51 pm »
"Destiny" on PS4. Awesome game.
Anybody else play?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #81 on: 25 Nov 2014, 01:58 am »
I played in the Alpha, the Beta, and now have the finished product. Haven't played it much in the last month. - Right now I am waiting for a 2.44GB update before I can even play. Hopefully it will be worth it :)

GentleBender

« Reply #82 on: 16 Sep 2015, 12:27 pm »
Just grabbed Destiny: The Taken King expansion and hope to log a few hours in soon. If this isn't the big fix people are saying it is, this will be the last expansion I purchase for Destiny. So far I just did a few simple bounties this morning and hope to see more changes, it does hurt a little to see my Legendary armor and weapons bested by new common ones I pick up. But with a bunch of new weapons to try it should get better.  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #83 on: 16 Sep 2015, 01:04 pm »
I'm totally addicted to this game. This should give you an idea to what extent, although won't mean anything to anybody that doesn't play the game. Here are my three characters:

GentleBender

« Reply #84 on: 16 Sep 2015, 01:42 pm »
I'm guessing not many gamers on this site, but I have all three characters too. My favorite so far has been the Warlock with the Titan coming in second. Looking forward to unlocking the new subclass for each. I see you play on PS4 :nono:, I'm on Xbone...

I'll end up with both at some point but music has taken front seat lately. I only chose the Xbone because I like removable batteries in my controller and they enabled media playback from my NAS. I found that my PS3 controller is now dead and I will have to disassemble it and replace the battery. I can't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good controller just because the battery will no longer charge.

Woodsea

« Reply #85 on: 16 Sep 2015, 04:04 pm »
I almost picked it up.  But, I am finally jumping into next gen when my Halo 5 console comes in next month.  That and FIFA 16 will keep me busy.  I may pick it up in December or Black Friday.

Have fun!

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #86 on: 16 Sep 2015, 07:33 pm »
Yea, GB, I think there's only a handful and most of those seems to be XBox guys. I think the only PS guy was Ed ("Eclien"), and he's not a FPS kinda guy.
Game on dudes!  :D

Bemopti123

« Reply #87 on: 16 Sep 2015, 08:51 pm »
I'm guessing not many gamers on this site, but I have all three characters too. My favorite so far has been the Warlock with the Titan coming in second. Looking forward to unlocking the new subclass for each. I see you play on PS4 :nono:, I'm on Xbone...

I'll end up with both at some point but music has taken front seat lately. I only chose the Xbone because I like removable batteries in my controller and they enabled media playback from my NAS. I found that my PS3 controller is now dead and I will have to disassemble it and replace the battery. I can't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good controller just because the battery will no longer charge.

I got a spare battery in order to replace what I thought was a dying battery just to find out that when I dismantled and replaced the battery, it was glitchy. Still did not charge properly.  While others might be more electrically or mechanically inclined, I get this impression that the longevity of these units is typically tied with its battery lifespans.

Mag

« Reply #88 on: 25 Dec 2019, 11:45 am »
Picked up 3 Need for Speed games for XMas for PC from Origin. Rivals, Payback and Heat also Sudden Strike a WWII strategy game.

Haven't played 'em that much yet as I am sick and listening to music on the stereo on my days off. But I did play it enough to get use to the XBox controller which I couldn't get to work at first. Was going to get a steering wheel but put that off for the time being, maybe next Xmas.

I prefer the older versions of Need for Speed for which I have 5 but they do not work of Windows 10. Of the 3 I have I think Rivals is the one I'll play the most. I want to be a cop to pull over cocky gamers online, but first I need to practice to get up my driving skills.

In real life I drove taxi/courier for 32 to years so I am looking forward to busting amateur drivers. :lol:

Bemopti123

« Reply #89 on: 25 Dec 2019, 02:23 pm »
All gaming duties have gone to the Switch system my son has along with a gaming PC that has been updated.  In the Switch front....Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition is on rotation.  In the PC front, League of Legends seems to be getting most play.  I cannot wait for Blizzard to release the new IOS platform version of Diablo.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #90 on: 25 Dec 2019, 02:35 pm »
Destiny has its hooks in deep, so I've not played anything else since it came on the scene in 2014.

GregorySweeps

« Reply #91 on: 10 Aug 2020, 05:20 am »
Paper Mario <3

roz

« Reply #92 on: 3 Jan 2021, 11:49 pm »
I went all out during the holiday season since I just built up a new PC for the first time in 10 years! I purchased Cyberpunk 2077(it was alright), and now I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn. I can't believe the graphics on the latter. It looks exceptional and lifelike!

Mag

« Reply #93 on: 4 Jan 2021, 03:19 am »
I purchased F1 2020, graphics are good but I actually need a faster graphics card. Also got Civilization V to work, purchased the game in 2014 for Steam but I didn't realize that I didn't download it properly. Anyway it works now and I'm doing well in my first Campaign. Played Civ II for years but it does not work on Windows 10.

Also have been playing Need for Speed- Heat, Rivals, 2015 since Dec. 2019.