Polk RTi series speakers 40% off

dB Cooper

Polk RTi series speakers 40% off
« on: 22 May 2018, 02:28 pm »
Just doing a little casual surfing and saw that the entire Polk RTi series (bookshelfs, towers, the whole series) is on sale 40% off at the Polk website. Haven't checked any dealers.

Get a good value priced speaker new, with full warranty, at a used price. I bet there are new models coming out.

A lot of 'philes seem to have always kind of looked down their noses at Polk for some reason but I think it's fairly good stuff for the money.

https://www.polkaudio.com/collections/home-audio/rtia-series#surrounds

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Polk RTi series speakers 40% off
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2018, 04:34 pm »
Polk has always made solid performing speakers from my experience. I bought a pair of the fairly large Monitor 7Bs back in the early 80s as I couldn't afford the Advents I auditioned along side them.
Loved my LSi7 monitors back a few years ago; very nice small speakers.

Those RTi3s offer quite a bit of quality sound for the sale price.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Polk RTi series speakers 40% off
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2018, 01:46 pm »
I have the slightly older model RTi6, essentially the same drivers in a different shaped cabinet than the RTiA3 on sale now, in my video system and they are very pleasant, easy to drive speakers.  Not the last word in transparency or soundstaging, but great bass for their size with a very even frequency response, which makes them excellent for home theater applications.  Some think the smaller RTiA1 with the 5 1/4" mid/bass driver is more articulate than the larger 3 series. A steal at the closeout pricing Coop discovered for us.