Counter-Strike on the 'box

bubba966

« on: 4 Dec 2003, 12:11 am »
So who's picking this up for their 'box? A friend of mine just called me up to tell me he picked up a copy at the MS company store for me if I wanted one.

After figuring out what type of game it is (I thought it was a RT strategy game, but I was thining of an add-on for C&C :oops: ) I said sure, I'll take it. It's only gonna cost me $20 anyways. And it looks to be pretty decent from what I can tell off the 'box site.

Jason1

« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2003, 12:37 am »
The online gameplay can be pretty intense, depending on your teammates. Thats also the biggest problem with the game. There are numerous teenage clowns that can ruin the fun.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2003, 05:24 pm »
IMHO, Counterstrike is one of those games that is best served with the PC.

The aiming is much less precise with an Xbox contoller.  But since everyone is in the same boat, one can generally live a little longer than playing online with some of the keyboard/mouse Gods.  Also, there is little/no cheating with the Xbox LIve scheme.  The PC version has tooooo many cheaters.

For the $20 you're paying though, you should not get the feeling of being burned.  The XBOX version has new maps, btw.

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2004, 06:57 pm »
Well I tried to give him the $20 for the game, but he wouldn't take it.

So far it's been a pretty decent game. Especially since it was free.

Haven't tried it online yet. Doubt that I'm good enough to last long online.

I'm also a bit frustrated by the AI of the computer. Some games the 'puter couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if they were inside it. And then the next game (same map/mission/etc.) the 'puter is the best marksman there is.

What's up with that?

That's kinda offputting to me. I don't care if the 'puter is fairly hard to play against (like in F-Zero GX or Mechassault). But just make the difficulty level a little more consistant.

mcrespo71

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2004, 07:11 pm »
I'm busy enough with GRIT and Rainbow 6 online to worry about Counter Strike- the reviews were too hoooo hummmmm.

Michael