The Shield

mjosef

The Shield
« on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:03 pm »
Any fans of this series here? This is one of the best "cop" shows on TV, just as good or better than The Wire. New series started last night, picking up right where last season ended. Forest Whitaker is back as the IA guy... man, he is good in this role. Will be interesting to see how the duel between him and Mackie escalate.
Catch it on FX, Tuesdays.

ooheadsoo

Re: The Shield
« Reply #1 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:11 pm »
I can't believe the last season wasn't the last!  I thought it was over.  Just more good news for us shield junkies.  This is the best cop drama I've ever seen.  Haven't seen The Wire, though.  What is that like?

mjosef

Over? it ain't over 'til the bad guy sings
« Reply #2 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:34 pm »
They didn't promote the new series much, only yesterday while scrolling the TV guide did I see the premiere was that same night.
The Wire is more gritty, more life like, more dark, more sad...you need to just rent the first series and look-see.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #3 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:50 pm »
Hard to believe it's more lifelike given the cinematography of the shield.  I'll have to check it out.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:54 pm »
I use to watch this show on a regular basis without missing an episode until on one episode one of them was forced to give one of the bad guys a BJ. Never watched it again.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #5 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:05 pm »
that was fairly early on.  it plays out in interesting ways, definitely worth watching, and more surprises are in store, as well.

...i think it was supposed to leave a bitter taste in your mouth  :duh: :?, but don't let it stop you from catching up

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:09 pm »
The only complaint I have with the Wire is that its season is too short. 14-16 episodes. Sometimes the storyline gets squished to fit into the time allocated.

Bill, that would be the precinct captain Aceveda(?). That was a shocker, well, what you missed after that was just how devastated he was after going through that ordeal, he was a real mess for quite a while.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:16 pm »
Bill, that would be the precinct captain Aceveda(?). That was a shocker, well, what you missed after that was just how devastated he was after going through that ordeal, he was a real mess for quite a while.

For some reason, that episode really bothered me, I don't know why, and I couldn't bring myself to watch it anymore.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #8 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:27 pm »
there are no more scenes quite like that, if it's any consolation.  it's a real shame if you stop there.  the characters in the show are just too compelling.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 4 Apr 2007, 11:30 pm »
there are no more scenes quite like that, if it's any consolation.  it's a real shame if you stop there.  the characters in the show are just too compelling.

I may get back into it. It really was a great show. I would have a lot of catching up to do though.

ton1313

« Reply #10 on: 5 Apr 2007, 01:46 am »
Can't go wrong with the Shield :thumb: I live for tuesday nights on FX.
Rescue Me is really great too, it starts up in June!

drphoto

« Reply #11 on: 5 Apr 2007, 03:25 am »
The Shield is a damn fine show.

I think the Wire is one of the best programs ever. I can't believe how big of a cast they have. Must cost a fortune to produce.  I love how  they are examining the whole inner city life thing, and how blurry the lines tend to get between the good guys and the bad. A lot of people think TV is crap, but shows like these may be better than any feature film.

BTW: Dominic West does a great job as McNulty in the Wire.......almost makes you forget that embarrasment in 'Rock Star'  :lol: