Five Worst Sci-Fi Movies of all time

ctviggen

« Reply #40 on: 15 Aug 2005, 09:04 pm »
Hmmm...Carlman and I obviously have different tastes.  I thought Dark City,  the Crow, and Alien (1 and 2) were some of the best sci-fi movies made.

bubba966

« Reply #41 on: 15 Aug 2005, 09:06 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Here's my all time worst Sci-Fi movie pick ever...

Alone in the Dark.

My wife and I watched that and am sad to say that we actually perserverred through the whole thing.  What a worthless POS film this was.  Do yourself a favor and skip over this one at the rentals.  Pew did it stink.  

This isn't even a questioniably lousy movie as there was zero redeeming factor at all.  Horrible stupid incoherent and unsupported plot.  Lousy acting!!!  Totally unbelieveable even within the confines of the film.  Just absolutely nothing to enjoy.

And Alone In The Dark was a million times better than Uwe Boll's first video game based movie (House Of The Dead)...

ctviggen

« Reply #42 on: 15 Aug 2005, 09:11 pm »
I also did not like the 5th Element.  I really did not (and do not -- I still own the DVD) see what the big deal was/is.  I absolutely hated the Chris Tucker character, too.  Too bad the Dune movie was so bad -- the books were good.

dwk

« Reply #43 on: 15 Aug 2005, 11:57 pm »
Quote from: ctviggen
Hmmm...Carlman and I obviously have different tastes.  I thought Dark City,  the Crow, and Alien (1 and 2) were some of the best sci-fi movies made.

Well, don't get me started on Dark City. I HATE this movie - yelling at the screen, throwing-the-remote, frothing-at-the-mouth HATE it.

Of course, the reason that it is so horrible is that is was so close to being great - following in the Blade Runner tradition (probably my favorite sci-fi movie), and they set it up reasonably well.  But then they insisted on ruining it with idiotic, moronic, stupid choices and decisions.  Absolutely unforgivable. Awww, geez, I'm getting angry just thinking about it.  arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh.

hmen

« Reply #44 on: 16 Aug 2005, 02:42 am »
Quote from: ctviggen
 Too bad the Dune movie was so bad -- the books were good.

The Scifi channel version of Dune is much better than the David Lynch freakshow. I'm a really big fan of the books and I enjoyed it.  It stayed pretty faithful to the book and was well produced.  If you get a chance it's worth watching on DVD. Chidren of Dune was also pretty good.